Howard County businesses, organizations, and professionals can help high school students get off to a great start in life. By working with an employer, career coach, independent research advisor, or mentor in a chosen subject field, students apply knowledge learned in the classroom to real-world work opportunities.
The HCPSS offers a range of programs that match student interests and abilities to an employer/mentor’s field or needs.
- Career Academy Internships: Introduce students to a career field of interest.
- Career Research & Development: Help students gain job experience.
- Community Connection: An extension to the Work Study program for older students.
- Passport to the Future: Hire students certified as “employment-ready.”
- Work Enclave: Provide job tasks for students working under close teacher supervision.
- Work Study: Provide work for students with independent work skills who receive special education services.
- Gifted & Talented Intern/Mentor Program: Advise student research in a project related to a professional field.
Partnerships Office, 410-313-6655 or email@example.com.