Ways to Partner
Business, civic and non-profit organizations partner with Howard County public schools in any of three ways: human resources, in-kind donations, or financial resources. The opportunities to partner are as varied as the people and organizations involved.
Volunteering time to a school or program, on an ongoing or one-time basis at school or business.
- Guest Speaker – share your expertise with students in a classroom setting.
- Tutor in basic skills, one-on-one or in small groups.
- Lunchtime buddy mentor – help with schoolwork, study skills and listening.
- Judge for Science and History Fairs – school, county and state level.
- Interviewer – prepare high school students for college and work interviews.
- Mentor for high school career internships and independent research projects.
- Sponsor entry level work opportunity.
Donation of goods or services at a school or your location.
- Supplies, equipment and instruments.
- Coupons and incentives.
- Meeting spaces.
Financial support through a donation to a school or the Howard County Public Schools Educational Foundation. The Foundation promotes excellence and student achievement in Howard County Public Schools by encouraging community financial support for educational initiatives that are above and beyond the school system budget.
- Partnerships Office, 410-313-6655 or email@example.com.