Jump to: Medical | Prescriptions | Dental | Vision | Well-Being Program | Legal Notices
2023 Active Employee Benefits
Annual Medical, Dental and Vision Costs
Medical (prescriptions included), Dental, and Vision Plan Breakdowns
Medical Plans – CareFirst and Aetna
CareFirst BlueChoice HMO Open Access
With CareFirst BlueChoice HMO Open Access, you can select your doctor from a regional network of physicians, specialists and hospitals located throughout Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. CareFirst aims to keep you healthy by emphasizing prevention, early detection and early treatment.
- 2023 BlueChoice HMO Open Access – Your Health Benefits Booklet
- 2023 CareFirst BlueChoice HMO Open Access Benefits Summary
- 2023 CareFirst BlueChoice HMO Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- CareFirst Video Visit
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Summary of Preventive Services
- CareFirst HMO – Away from Home Care
- CareFirst Blue Vision
- Blue365 – Wellness Discount
- CareFirst HCPSS Web Site
- Regional Vaccine Network
Open Access Aetna Select HMO
There’s no requirement to select a PCP, or obtain referrals for specialty care. The network of medical providers and facilities is nationwide, offering a full range of primary care doctors and specialists. When you visit a network provider, you will pay a flat copay for your care. Network providers will handle all of the claims paperwork for you. In order to receive benefits from this plan, you must see network providers.
- 2023 Open Access Aetna Select HMO Benefits Summary
- 2023 Open Access Aetna Select HMO – Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
Aetna Open Choice PPO
You can receive care within the network and pay less for your care. Or, you can choose to receive care outside the network and still receive benefits, but at a higher cost. There are no referral requirements.
Aetna’s nationwide Open Choice PPO network includes 934,260 health care providers; 159,100 of whom are Primary Care Providers (PCPs). This makes it easy to find a network doctor or a hospital, whether you are at home, work or traveling.
- 2023 Aetna Open Choice PPO Benefits Summary
- 2023 Aetna Open Choice PPO – Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
Other Member Resources (Open Access Aetna Select HMO and Open Choice PPO)
- ACA Preventive Care
- Informed Health Line
- Aetna Travel
- Aetna Health App
- Aetna Maternity Program
- Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- Breast Cancer Support Center
- Men’s Health Flyer
- Aetna Discount Program
- Aetna website
Prescription Plan – CVS Caremark
Effective January 1, 2023, CVS Caremark manages your prescription benefits on behalf of Howard County Public School System. CVS Caremark offers affordable medication pricing, thousands of network pharmacy choices (including home delivery) and personalized support for you and your family. If you are enrolling in the Medical Plan, you will be automatically enrolled in the Pharmacy Plan administered by CVS Caremark.
- CVS Caremark Website Member Flyer
- CVS Caremark Performance Drug List Standard Control
- CVS Caremark Advanced Control Specialty Formulary
- CVS Caremark Mail Order Rx Delivery Member Flyer
- CVS Caremark Mobile App Member Flyer
- CVS Caremark Specialty Member Flyer
- CVS Caremark National Network Participating Pharmacy List
- PrudentRx Member Flyer
- The PrudentRx Copay Program- Member FAQs
Cigna PPO (Total Plan)
The Cigna PPO has a national network of dentists with no need to select a primary care dentists. Employees will have the freedom to visit any licensed dentist you wish, but selecting an “in-network” Cigna PPO provider will result in the lowest out-of-pocket costs to the employee.
- 2023 Cigna Dental PPO Benefits Summary
- How to find a Dentist
- Orthodontics in Progress Flyer
- Transition of Care FAQ Flyer
- Dental Only MyCigna Mobile App
- Information Regarding Healthy Rewards
Aetna DMO is a dental maintenance organization (DMO). Aetna DMO offers a list of participating dentists for your care. It is important that you review your choices of Primary Care Dentist (PCD) in your area to make sure that this is the right plan for your dental needs. A PCD selection will not be mandatory during enrollment process. However, in order to use your DMO benefits a PCD is required. Once you enroll, Aetna will send you a “Welcome Kit” in the mail The Welcome Kit will include a reminder of the mandatory PCD election and a sample ID card. Once the Welcome Kit is received, employees should call the Aetna Customer Service line at 877-238-6200 Monday through Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm or login to the member website at https://www.aetnaresource.com/p/HCPSS-Open-Enrollment-2023 to select your PCD and/or for additional assistance. Once a PCD is elected from the Aetna network, employees can set-up a dentist appointment to see their provider. There is no deductible to meet, no annual dollar maximums, and no claim forms for you to file.
Your selection of PCD must be made prior to the 15th of the month, in order to take effect the first of the next month.
- 2023 Aetna DMO Dental Benefits Summary
- Aetna Dental DMO – Pre-enrollment Member Flyer
- Aetna Dental Discounts
Vision Plan- Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Vision Service Plan Benefits Summary
- VSP.com at Your Fingertips
- Combat Digital Eye Strain
- VSP TruHearing
- VSP Benefits Web Site – view your vision benefit information, register as a member.
- 1-800-877-7195 – Member Benefit Services.
- The Ultimate Provider Playlist
- Eyeconic – Browse with Benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – Navia Benefit Solutions (formerly Flex Plan Services, Inc.)
- Health Care FSA Flyer
- Dependent Care FSA Flyer
- FlexConnect Fact Sheet
- Health Care FSA Eligible and Ineligible Expenses
- Navia Estimation Worksheet
- Navia Mobile App
- Online Claim Submission Participant Portal
- Navia Benefits Solutions Website Company ID: HWC
HCPSS Benefits Help Desk representatives are available to help with online enrollment and questions: Monday–Friday 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Phone: (410) 313-7333. Inquires may always be sent to the Benefits Office via email at email@example.com.
Employee Well-Being Program
HCPSS employees have access to professional, free and confidential counseling and support services to manage their needs. Consider this program as your very own personal assistant who can connect you to resources to improve your finances, schedule counseling sessions, develop strategies for navigating stress, and much more.
Employees and family members can receive up to six free counseling sessions (including assessment, follow-up and referral services) per person, per episode, per year. Listed below is information regarding the program and a link to EAP Orientation video.
- HCPSS Staff Counseling and Support Services Program – Overview
- Online Will Preparation
- Employee Engagement and Well-Being
- Counseling and Support Services – Staff Hub
- Notice of Rights Under the Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act
- Newborns and Mothers Health Protection Act Statement of Protection
- HCPSS COBRA General Right Notice
- HCPSS Privacy Rights
- HIPAA Notice of Special Enrollment Rights
Machine Readable Files
In late 2020, federal agencies responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA)—the Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services (HHS) and Treasury (the Departments)—issued the Transparency in Coverage (TiC) final rule. The rule requires insurers and self-funded plans to post the following machine-readable files (MRF) to a publicly available website:
- In-Network Rate File: Applicable in-network provider rates, including negotiated rates, derived amounts, and underlying fee schedule rates for all covered items.
- Out-of-Network Rate File: Historical data outlining the different billed charges and allowed amounts a plan or issuer has paid for covered items or services furnished by out-of-network providers (minimum of 20 entries).
Aetna’s machine-readable files for HCPSS