2020 Open Enrollment
The Annual Open Enrollment will be held October 14 – November 11, 2019, and will not be extended. HCPSS will continue to offer the same comprehensive benefits program, with some changes to the prescription plan offered through Express-Scripts.
See below for the Benefits Enrollment Guide. Employees may enroll or make changes beginning October 14 via Workday.
Benefits open house events will be held in the Ascend One Susquehanna Room, 8939 Stanford Blvd., Columbia.
- Monday, October 14, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 29, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 6, 12:30-5 p.m.
Details regarding Open Enrollment and Benefits Offerings:
Previous Open Enrollment Guide for Active Employees – 2019
- 2019 Open Enrollment Newsletter for Active Employees
- 2019 Benefits Enrollment Guide – (January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019)
Annual Medical Costs
Medical (prescriptions included), Dental, and Vision Plan Breakdowns
Medical Plans – CareFirst and Aetna
CareFirst BlueChoice HMO Open Access
With CareFirst BlueChoice HMO Open Access, you can select your doctor from a regional network of physicians, specialists and hospitals located throughout Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia. CareFirst aims to keep you healthy by emphasizing prevention, early detection and early treatment.
- 2020 BlueChoice HMO Open Access – Your Health Benefits Booklet
- 2020 CareFirst Blue Choice HMO Open Access Benefits Summary
- 2020 CareFirst Blue Choice HMO Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- 2019 BlueChoice HMO Open Access – Your Health Benefits Booklet
- 2019 CareFirst BlueChoice HMO – Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- CareFirst Video Visit
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Summary of Preventive Services
- CareFirst HMO – Away from Home Care
- CareFirst Blue Vision
- Blue365 – Wellness Discount
- CareFirst HCPSS Web Site
Open Access Aetna Select HMO
There’s no requirement to select a PCP, or obtain referrals for specialty care. The network of medical providers and facilities is nationwide, offering a full range of primary care doctors and specialists. When you visit a network provider, you will pay a flat copay for your care. Network providers will handle all of the claims paperwork for you. In order to receive benefits from this plan, you must see network providers.
- 2020 Open Access Aetna Select HMO Benefits Summary
- 2019 Open Access Aetna Select HMO – Coverage Booklet
Aetna Open Choice PPO
You can receive care within the network and pay less for your care. Or, you can choose to receive care outside the network and still receive benefits, but at a higher cost. There are no referral requirements.
Aetna’s nationwide Open Choice PPO network includes 934,260 health care providers; 159,100 of whom are Primary Care Providers (PCPs). This makes it easy to find a network doctor or a hospital, whether you are at home, work or traveling.
- 2020 Open Choice PPO Benefits Summary
- 2020 Aetna Open Choice PPO – Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- 2019 Aetna Open Choice PPO Coverage Booklet
- 2019 Aetna Open Choice PPO – Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
Other Member Resources (Open Access Aetna Select HMO and Open Choice PPO)
- ACA Preventive Care
- Informed Health Line
- Aetna Travel
- Aetna Health App
- Aetna Maternity Program
- Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- Breast Cancer Support Center
- Men’s Health Flyer
- Aetna Discount Program
- Aetna website
Prescriptions Plan – Express Scripts
Included in employee benefits packages, express scripts handles services related to prescriptions. They are supported by a national network of over 50,000 pharmacies and a 24-hour, 365-day-a-year Patient Care Contact Center. Home delivery is available for employee medications from express.
On or after 01/01/2020, please call Express Scripts member services at (877) 866-5859 to verify if your pharmacy will allow a 90-day fill, or for assistance in locating a SMART90 participating pharmacy. You may also log in or register at www.Express-Scripts.com/90day to locate SMART90 participating pharmacies in your area.
- Express Scripts SMART90 Drug List (Drug Class Level)
- Express Scripts SMART90 Drug List
- Express Scripts SMART90 Participating Pharmacy Listing – MD and PA
- Express Scripts SMART90 FAQs
- Drug Quantity Management Member Flyer
- Drug Quantity Management – Drug List
- Prior Authorization FAQs
- Step Therapy FAQs
- Vaccine Program
- 2020 National Preferred Formulary Exclusion List Changes
- Pharmacy Web Site
Dental Plans – Delta Dental and Cigna
Delta Dental PPO
The Delta Dental PPO has a national network of dentists with no need to select a primary dentist. With this plan each enrolled family member receives up to $2,000 for PPO and Premier providers in paid benefits per calendar year. When you use a provider within the PPO network, you receive the highest level of coverage with the least amount of out-of-pocket expenses.
You may choose to use dentists outside of the network, but your costs may be higher.
- Delta Dental Overview
- Delta Dental Hearing Aid Information
- LASIK Member Information
- Provider Directory
CIGNA Dental Care HMO
This plan provides low out-of-pocket costs and no claim forms. You can get up to two free dental cleanings a year, and two more at a minimal co-pay. You’ll also receive a Patient Charge Schedule, which lists all of the dental procedures covered by your plan, and any out-of-pocket costs you may run into. CIGNA has a National Network of DHMO providers.
You will need to select a primary care dentist (PCD). If no PCD is selected one will be chosen for you. You are responsible for staying in the network.
- Cigna Dental Plan Overview
- Cigna Dental Plan – Patient Charge Schedule
- Cigna Dental Plan – Finding a Network Dentist
- Cigna Dental Plan – Frequently Asked Questions
- Provider Directory
Vision Plan- Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Vision Service Plan Overview
- Vision Service Plan Benefits Summary
- VSP.com at Your Fingertips
- Combat Digital Eye Strain
- VSP TruHearing
- VSP Benefits Web Site – view your vision benefit information, register as a member.
- 1-800-877-7195 – Member Benefit Services.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – Navia Benefit Solutions (formerly Flex Plan Services, Inc.)
- Health Care FSA Flyer
- Dependent Care FSA Flyer
- FlexConnect Fact Sheet
- Health Care FSA Eligible and Ineligible Expenses
- Navia Estimation Worksheet
- Navia Mobile App
- Online Claim Submission Participant Portal
- Navia Benefits Solutions Website Company ID: HWC
HCPSS Benefits Support Center (BSC) representatives are available to help with online enrollment and questions: Monday–Friday 8:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. Phone: (443) 589-1940, Toll Free: (855) 245-9479.
Employee Well-Being Program
HCPSS employees have access to professional, free and confidential counseling and support services to manage their needs. Consider this program as your very own personal assistant who can connect you to resources to improve your finances, schedule counseling sessions, develop strategies for navigating stress, and much more.
Employees and family members can receive up to six free counseling sessions (including assessment, follow-up and referral services) per person, per episode, per year. Listed below is information regarding the program and a link to EAP Orientation video.
- HCPSS Staff Counseling and Support Services Program – Overview
- Online Will Preparation
- Employee Engagement and Well-Being – Staff Hub
- Counseling and Support Services – Staff Hub
Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act
The Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act (WHCRA) of 1998 requires group health plans to make certain benefits available to participants who have undergone a mastectomy. In particular, a plan must offer mastectomy patients benefits for:
- All stages of reconstruction of the breast on which the mastectomy was performed
- Surgery and reconstruction of the other breast to produce a symmetrical appearance
- Treatment of physical complications of the mastectomy, including lymphedema
Our plans comply with these requirements. Benefits for these items generally are comparable to those provided under our plans for similar types of medical services and supplies. Of course, the extent to which any of the items is appropriate following mastectomy is a matter to be determined by the patient and her physician.
Our plans neither impose penalties (for example, reducing or limiting reimbursements) nor do they provide incentives to induce attending providers to provide care inconsistent with these requirements. For more information about WHCRA coverage, contact your health plan administrator.
Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act
The Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act (NMHPA) of 1996 is a federal law that addresses the length of time a mother and newborn child are covered for a hospital stay in connection with childbirth. In general, benefits for a hospital stay in connection with childbirth cannot restrict benefits:
- to less than 48 hours for a normal vaginal delivery
- to less than 96 hours following a delivery by cesarean section
The 48 and 96 hour period starts at the time of delivery. It is important to note that coverage subject to NMHPA guidelines is the mother’s coverage. Newborns must be added to the Employee’s health plan within 30 days of the date of birth.