Federal Credit Union
Howard County Education Federal Credit Union
3458 Ellicott Center Drive, Suite 106
Ellicott City, MD 21043
410-461-2257 (p); 410-461-4691 (f)
Office hours: Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- The membership is open to all Full-Time, Part-Time, Temporary and Retired employees of the Howard County Public School System and educational affiliates. Family members of current members in good standing are eligible for membership. Once a member, Always a member!
- HCE Federal Credit Union is a Multiple Common Bond credit union, which allows us to open our membership to other entities affiliated with HCPSS.
- Our first new membership expansion is to all High School students currently enrolled in the Howard County Public School System. High school students wishing to become members must show a student ID or most recent report card from a HCPSS high school. Student under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian on the account.
- Family membership includes: immediate family members of the primary member with a good standing relationship; spouse, parents, children, siblings, parents-in-law, siblings-in-law, half-siblings, foster children, grandparents, grandchildren, or any person who shares a member’s household under cohabitation arrangements.
- Membership Expansion Opportunities: If you belong to an organization or associated group who serves HCPSS and wish to become a member organization of the HCE Federal Credit Union, please contact the Credit Union.
- A $5.00 minimum deposit is required to join the Credit Union.
Share Accounts, Share Draft Accounts, Certificates of Deposit and IRAs
- Share dividends are paid quarterly, statements are sent quarterly, and shares are insured up to $250,000 per account by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
- Share Draft accounts are free and the first book of checks is free. Statements are sent monthly. ATM/Debit cards are available with the Share Draft Account.
- Certificates of Deposit and IRAs are available.
- Shares Loan – This type of loan may be obtained by any member up to the amount of their shares on deposit.
- Collateral Loan – The Credit Union may finance up to 100% of the purchase price of a new or used vehicle, depending on value. Vehicles include: cars, trucks, boats, RVs, trailers and motorcycles.
- Unsecured Loan – Signature loans may be obtained from $1000 up to $20,000 for any worthwhile purpose. Types of loans include: Personal up to $10,000, Platinum up to $20,000 (with a Credit Score 680+), Tuition, Computer, Vacation and Holiday Loans, New Beginnings Loan (to assist members with poor or non-existent credit).
- There is no minimum employment requirement to apply for a loan. We calculate Debt/Income ratio, and pull a credit report from Equifax (one of the big 3) to determine eligibility.
- Mortgage Loans are now available to our members through our mortgage loan partners at Financial Security Consultants, Inc. For current rates and to begin the application process contact the loan officer at 410-823-3300.
Other Products and Services
- Direct Deposit for HCPSS employees, ACH deposits are available for non-HCPSS employees (family members).
- Quarterly Newsletter and E-Connection: (bi-monthly e-newsletter with credit union bulletins, financial education updates and fraud alerts; sent to your personal email address).
- OnLine Banking – allows members to access accounts to check balances, request checks, and move funds.
- Bee OnTime Bill Pay
- Bee Linked – mobile banking
- Motor Vehicle Certification Program: assists you in the buying process of your next car or truck. Offering a local dealer network, low pre-negotiated price prices, trade-in value, current rebates and incentive information.
- GAP Insurance on new and used vehicles.
- Enterprise Used Car Sales: Working together to offer you the best deals for your next used auto purchase. We offer special rates on vehicles purchased through Enterprise and financed through the Credit Union.
- Sprint: Credit Union Member Discount Plan.
- CCCS, Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Maryland and Delaware, Inc: Offers Credit Union members and their families Debt management, Budgeting Assistance, Bankruptcy Counseling and Financial Education.
- Credit Report Education: Need help understanding your credit report? Call and make an appointment with our loan officer to make sense of all the numbers.
- Speaker’s Forum: Need a speaker to talk to your small group about ID Theft Prevention, Budget Planning or Credit Worthiness? A member of our staff or a speaker from CCCS can be scheduled to speak on these or other financial topics.
- Millionaire’s Club: We are an official sponsor of this club geared to High School Students in Howard County offering Financial Education through speakers, the Stock Market Game, regional and national contests, and projects.
Need to get a copy of your Credit Report? You are entitled, by law, to get one free copy of your credit report from each of the three major Credit Reporting Agencies; Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian; each year. To get your free copy go to www.annualcreditreport.com .