Additional Benefits: Life Insurance, Disability, and Retirement Plans
Voluntary Benefits offered through LegalShield Plan
Both services offer family or individuals coverage. Employees may select the plan(s) that best fit their household and can begin enrollment immediately upon completing the simple online enrollment at: legalshield.com/info/hcpss. Employees who retire or change jobs may continue their membership at the same low rate. This is a self pay voluntary discounted benefit.
Whole Life Insurance with Long Term Care (LTC) Rider
Disability Insurance Offered through The Hartford
Basic Life and Accidential Death and Dismemberment (AD & D)
HCPSS offers eligible employees life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance at not cost to the employees. The amount of life insurance is equal to the employees’ current annual salary.
Beneficiary designations needs to be updated in Workday
Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Information
- Metlife – Statement of Health Form
- MetLife Funeral Planning Guide
- MetLife Will Preparation Services
- MetLife Estate Resolution Services
Supplemental Life Insurance
Updating beneficiary for Maryland State Pension
Visit MD State Retirement and Pension System’s site to update your beneficiary designation(s) for your MD State Retirement Plan. Send the notarized and completed form to MD State Retirement.
457b Deferred Compensation Program
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan Vendor List
- Workday instructions for enrolling or making changes to an existing 457(b) salary deferral amount
- For additional 457(b) information, visit Howard457.com