The Howard County Public School System welcomes visitors to our schools. To limit interruptions and distractions to teaching and learning, and to maximize safety for all:
- Anyone wishing to visit a school is asked to contact school administration or the appropriate staff member to establish a convenient time for both the visitor and the school.
- The school will arrange for an escort for the visitor.
- To avoid interrupting instruction, no students are allowed to shadow HCPSS students.
- Understandably, interactions between visitors and school staff and students will be limited.
- If a follow-up meeting with school staff is desired, the visitor will schedule it for a mutually convenient time.
Safety Protocols for Visitors
Please be aware of the following procedures for any visitor to a school/office:
- The front door is the only entrance point for all visitors.
- Please ring the bell and look into the camera.
- Be prepared to state your name and purpose for visiting.
- All visitors must walk directly into the front office with a valid photo I.D. and sign in using our LobbyGuard system.
- A visitor’s sticker will be given to visitors following the above procedures and must be worn and prominently visible.
- Any visitor in the school without a visitor sticker will be escorted directly to the front office by a staff member.
In some cases, it may be more convenient for a prospective visitor to acquire information in other ways. The following may be helpful:
- Information about the Howard County Public School System is available on the HCPSS website and the HCPSS News site.
- Visit our Schools page to find school locators (attendance areas), school profiles, bus stops and much more.