To address functional deficiencies in the school along with a growing student population, additions were added to accompany more students and renovations upgraded the building’s systems.
HCPSS considers construction projects carefully as each project goes through a myriad of stages from concept to completion.
Recently Completed Projects
HCPSS built a new elementary within the planned community of Oxford Square in Hanover to accommodate an increased student population along the Route 1 corridor. It was built on a parcel adjacent to the Thomas Viaduct Middle School.
Provided a complete systemic renovation of the existing building. Although the project was not driven by building capacity, upgrades to the mechanical and electrical systems were the priority for this project.
The purpose of the project was expanding and renovating parts of the Swansfield Elementary School building. The project included a 100 seat addition and was intended to provide a systemic renovation of the existing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, roofing, and other aging systems in the building.
The project called for an expansion of the educational spaces and renovation of the existing facility including new electrical, mechanical, plumbing, technology, roofing and life safety systems as applicable per the recent feasibility assessment survey.
Wilde Lake Middle School specifically serves the Town Center of Columbia. It is important that the school prepare to meet the demands of the higher student population as Columbia continues to grow.
As projects travel through these stages, up-to-date information and supporting documentation will be posted.
- Concept Development Stage A summary and supporting documentation about the project, including any approvals necessary before the project can begin.
- Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) Stage Meeting notes and presentations from all of the PAC meetings.
- Schematic Design Stage Concept drawings based on the PAC recommendations.
- Design Development Stage Information on the design details based on the approved schematics.
- Construction Document Stage Information on the construction details based on the approved designs.
Office of School Construction
9020 Mendenhall Ct., Suite C
Columbia, MD 21045
410-313-6805; 410-313-7188 (F)