The Howard County Public School system plans to build New High School #13 in Jessup, Maryland on the Mission Road property. This property was acquired to allow for the placement of a new high school as well as a future elementary school.
HCPSS considers construction projects carefully as each project goes through a myriad of stages from concept to completion.
To address functional deficiencies in the school along with a growing student population, additions were added to accompany more students and renovations upgraded the building’s systems.
The renovation and addition project will address programmatic and systemic deficiencies of the existing building and existing site circulation. Upon completion, the 235,297 gross square feet school will include a 200 seat capacity increase.
As projects travel through these stages, up-to-date information and supporting documentation will be posted.
- Concept Development Stage A summary and supporting documentation about the project, including any approvals necessary before the project can begin.
- Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) Stage Meeting notes and presentations from all of the PAC meetings.
- Schematic Design Stage Concept drawings based on the PAC recommendations.
- Design Development Stage Information on the design details based on the approved schematics.
- Construction Document Stage Information on the construction details based on the approved designs.
Office of School Construction
9020 Mendenhall Ct., Suite C
Columbia, MD 21045
410-313-6805; 410-313-7188 (F)