High School #13 School Construction
The Howard County Public School system plans to build New High School #13 in Jessup, Maryland on the Mission Road property. This property was acquired to allow for the placement of a new high school as well as a future elementary school. New High School #13 will be designed to accommodate 1,658 students in grades 9-12. The building design will follow the current HCPSS high school prototype. This will be the fourth updated iteration of the prototype.
A continuing emphasis on energy efficient systems and sustainability are incorporated into the design. It is the intent that the design and construction of the building achieve another LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) ‘Silver’ designation.
Schematic Design Stage
- The Board approved the Schematic Design submission at the September 10, 2018 meeting
Design Development Stage
- The Board approved the Design Development submission at the March 14, 2019 meeting – Design Development Report
- Supporting presentation – Design Development Phase
Construction Documents Stage
- The Board approved the Construction Document submission at the September 19, 2019 meeting – Construction Document Report
- Supporting PowerPoint presentation – Construction Document Phase