Supporting the Mission and Goals of HCPSS through Leadership
The mission of the Howard County Board of Education (BOE) is to provide leadership for excellence in teaching and learning by fostering a climate for deliberative change through policy and community engagement.
Participate in a Meeting
Contact the Board
Board meetings may be viewed live or on-demand online, and during and after each meeting on Comcast channel 95 or Verizon channel 42. Upcoming Public Hearings can be found online.
- Upcoming Regular Meetings/Public Work Sessions:
- Tuesday, August 20, 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. – Regular Meeting
- Thursday, September 5, 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. – Regular Meeting
- Tuesday, September 10, 4 p.m. – Budget Work Session
- Tuesday, September 17, 7 p.m. – Attendance Area Adjustment Public Hearing I
- Thursday, September 19, 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. – Regular Meeting
- Tuesday, September 24, 7 p.m. – Attendance Area Adjustment Public Hearing II
- Thursday, September 26, 7 p.m. – Attendance Area Adjustment Public Hearing III
- August 2019 – Upcoming Meeting Schedule
- July-September 2019 Quarterly Agenda
- 2019—2020 Board of Education Approved Meeting Schedule
School Cluster Assignments
Individuals may request a sign language interpreter for any meeting of the Board of Education by contacting Colleen Markiewicz, interpreter scheduler, at 410-313-7046. A two-week advance notice is preferred.
- Community Advisory Council (CAC)
- Board of Education Committee Assignments
- Board of Education Audit Committee
- Board of Education Legislative Committee
- Board of Education Policy Committee
- Operating Budget Review Committee
- Upcoming Meeting Schedule to come
Policies and Procedures
The Board of Education sets local education policy consistent with state and federal laws governing public education.
Friends of Education Award
The Friends of Education Award recognizes an individual, business, or organization for an innovative or unique contribution that directly supports the school system’s mission of excellence in teaching and learning