Supporting the Mission and Goals of HCPSS through Leadership
The mission of the Howard County Board of Education (BOE) is to provide leadership for excellence in teaching and learning by fostering a climate for deliberative change through policy and community engagement.
Participate in a Meeting
Contact the Board
Board meetings may be viewed live or on-demand online, and during and after each meeting on Comcast channel 95 or Verizon channel 42. Upcoming Public Hearings can be found online.
- Upcoming Regular Meetings/Public Work Sessions:
- Thursday, April 25, 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. – Regular Meeting
- Tuesday, April 30, 7 p.m. – Work Session, FY 2020 Operating and Capital Budgets and FY 2021-25 Capital Improvement Program
- Thursday, May 9, 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. – Regular Meeting
- Tuesday, May 21, 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. – Regular Meeting
- April-June 2019 Quarterly Agenda
- April 2019 – Upcoming Meeting Schedule
- May 2019 – Upcoming Meeting Schedule
- 2018—2019 Board of Education Approved Meeting Schedule
- 2019—2020 Board of Education Approved Meeting Schedule
- FY20 Operating Budget Approval Schedule
School Cluster Assignments
Individuals may request a sign language interpreter for any meeting of the Board of Education by contacting Colleen Markiewicz, interpreter scheduler, at 410-313-7046. A two-week advance notice is preferred.
- Community Advisory Council (CAC)
- Board of Education Committee Assignments
- Board of Education Audit Committee
- Board of Education Legislative Committee
- Board of Education Policy Committee
- Operating Budget Review Committee
Policies and Procedures
The Board of Education sets local education policy consistent with state and federal laws governing public education.
Friends of Education Award
The Friends of Education Award recognizes an individual, business, or organization for an innovative or unique contribution that directly supports the school system’s mission of excellence in teaching and learning