Supporting the Mission and Goals of HCPSS through Leadership
The mission of the Howard County Board of Education (BOE) is to provide leadership for excellence in teaching and learning by fostering a climate for deliberative change through policy and community engagement.
Participate in a Meeting
Contact the Board
Board meetings may be viewed live or on-demand online, and during and after each meeting on Comcast channel 95 or Verizon channel 42. Upcoming Public Hearings can be found online.
- Upcoming Regular Meetings/Public Work Sessions:
- Thursday, March 26, 4 p.m. – Regular Meeting
- Thursday, April 16, 4 & 7 p.m. – Regular Meeting
- Thursday, April 30, 4 & 7 p.m. – Regular Meeting
- Board of Education Budget Schedule
- March 2020 – Upcoming Meeting Schedule
- April 2020 – Upcoming Meeting Schedule
- January-March 2020 Quarterly Agenda
- April-June 2020 Quarterly Agenda
- 2019—2020 Board of Education Approved Meeting Schedule
- 2020 Approved Meeting Minutes
- 2019 Approved Meeting Minutes
- 2018 Approved Meeting Minutes
- 2017 Approved Meeting Minutes
School Cluster Assignments
Individuals may request a sign language interpreter for any meeting of the Board of Education by contacting Colleen Markiewicz, interpreter scheduler, at 410-313-7046. A two-week advance notice is preferred.
- Community Advisory Council (CAC)
- Board of Education Committee Assignments
- Board of Education Audit Committee
- Board of Education Legislative Committee
- Board of Education Policy Committee
- Operating Budget Review Committee
Policies and Procedures
The Board of Education sets local education policy consistent with state and federal laws governing public education.
Friends of Education Award
The Friends of Education Award recognizes an individual, business, or organization for an innovative or unique contribution that directly supports the school system’s mission of excellence in teaching and learning