Supporting the Mission and Goals of HCPSS through Leadership
The mission of the Howard County Board of Education (BOE) is to provide leadership for excellence in teaching and learning by fostering a climate for deliberative change through policy and community engagement.
Participate in a Meeting
Contact the Board
Board meetings may be viewed live or on-demand online, and during and after each meeting on Howard County Comcast channel 95 or Verizon channel 42. Upcoming Public Hearings can be found online.
Individuals may request a sign language interpreter for any meeting of the Board of Education by completing this request form at least 14 days in advance of a meeting.
Board meeting documents are available to the public for viewing on BoardDocs three days prior to the meeting. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Board Office.
Upcoming Regularly Scheduled Board of Education Meetings:
- Thursday, October 12, 4 & 7 p.m. – Regularly Scheduled Meeting
- Thursday, October 26, 4 & 7 p.m. – Regularly Scheduled Meeting
- Thursday, November 2, 4 & 7 p.m. – Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Full Board of Education Schedule
Approved Board schedules can be found in the links below.
- September 2023 Monthly Meeting Schedule
- July-September 2023 Quarterly Agenda
- October 2023 Monthly Meeting Schedule
- 2023-2024 Board of Education Approved Meeting Schedule
Approved meeting minutes for all Howard County Board of Education Meetings include regular Board meetings, closed meetings, committee meetings, BOE/County Council meetings, and the legislative breakfast meeting.
School Cluster Assignments
- Community Advisory Council (CAC)
- Board of Education Committee Assignments
- Board of Education Audit Committee
- Board of Education Legislative Committee
- Board of Education Policy Committee
- Operating Budget Review Committee
Policies and Procedures
The Board of Education sets local education policy consistent with state and federal laws governing public education.
Friends of Education Award
The Friends of Education Award recognizes an individual, business, or organization for an innovative or unique contribution that directly supports the school system’s mission of excellence in teaching and learning
Howard County Board of Education Members
Please select a name below for biographic and contact information.