Supporting the Mission and Goals of HCPSS through Leadership
The mission of the Howard County Board of Education (BOE) is to provide leadership for excellence in teaching and learning by fostering a climate for deliberative change through policy and community engagement.
Participate in a Meeting
Contact the Board
Board meetings may be viewed live or on-demand online, and during and after each meeting on Howard County Comcast channel 95 or Verizon channel 42. Upcoming Public Hearings can be found online.
Individuals may request a sign language interpreter for any meeting of the Board of Education by contacting Colleen Markiewicz, interpreter scheduler, at 410-313-7046. A two-week advance notice is preferred.
Board meeting documents are available to the public for viewing on BoardDocs three days prior to the meeting. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Board Office.
Upcoming Board of Education Meetings:
- Monday, January 25, 4:30 p.m. – Virtual Work Session (HCPSS Reopening)
- Tuesday, January 26, 4 p.m. – Virtual Work Session (HCPSS Reopening)
- Thursday, January 28, 1 p.m. – Virtual Work Session (Superintendent’s Proposed Budget)
- Tuesday, February 2, 1 & 7 p.m. – Virtual Work Session and Public Hearing, respectively (Superintendent’s Proposed Budget)
- Thursday, February 4, 1 p.m. – Virtual Work Session (Superintendent’s Proposed Budget)
- Tuesday, February 9, 1 p.m. – Virtual Work Session (Superintendent’s Proposed Budget)
- Thursday, February 11, 4 & 7 p.m. – Virtual Regular Meeting
Board of Education HCPSS Reopening Documents
The Board of Education holds discussions and work sessions on the HCPSS reopening plan. Links to archived meeting videos and accompanying documents can be found online. Learn More →
Board of Education Budget Schedule
The Board of Education holds work sessions and public hearings to gather feedback on and revise the Superintendent’s proposed budget. View Schedule →
Approved Board schedules can be found in the links below.
- January 2021 Meeting Schedule
- February 2021 Meeting Schedule
- January-March 2021 Quarterly Agenda
- 2020-2021 Board of Education Approved Meeting Schedule
School Cluster Assignments
- Community Advisory Council (CAC)
- Board of Education Committee Assignments
- Board of Education Audit Committee
- Board of Education Legislative Committee
- Board of Education Policy Committee
- Operating Budget Review Committee
Policies and Procedures
The Board of Education sets local education policy consistent with state and federal laws governing public education.
Friends of Education Award
The Friends of Education Award recognizes an individual, business, or organization for an innovative or unique contribution that directly supports the school system’s mission of excellence in teaching and learning