Supporting the Mission and Goals of HCPSS through Leadership
The mission of the Howard County Board of Education (BOE) is to provide leadership for excellence in teaching and learning by fostering a climate for deliberative change through policy and community engagement.
Participate in a Meeting
Contact the Board
Board meetings may be viewed live or on-demand online, and during and after each meeting on Comcast channel 95 or Verizon channel 42. Upcoming Public Hearings can be found online.
Upcoming Regular Meetings/Public Work Sessions:
- Thursday, November 5, 4 & 7 p.m. – Virtual Regular Meeting
- Thursday, November 19, 4 & 7 p.m. – Virtual Regular Meeting
- Monday, December 7, 4 p.m. – Virtual Regular Meeting
- Tuesday, December 22, 4 & 7 p.m. – Virtual Regular Meeting
*Unless otherwise noted, virtual meetings will be streamed live and may viewed on the HCPSS website, or on Comcast channel 95/Verizon 42.
Board meeting documents are available to the public for viewing on BoardDocs three days prior to the meeting. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Board Office.
A complete Board schedule can be found in the links below.
- October 2020 Meeting Schedule
- November 2020 Meeting Schedule
- October-December 2020 Quarterly Agenda
- 2020-2021 Board of Education Approved Meeting Schedule
- 2020 Approved Meeting Minutes
- 2019 Approved Meeting Minutes
- 2018 Approved Meeting Minutes
- 2017 Approved Meeting Minutes
School Cluster Assignments
Individuals may request a sign language interpreter for any meeting of the Board of Education by contacting Colleen Markiewicz, interpreter scheduler, at 410-313-7046. A two-week advance notice is preferred.
- Community Advisory Council (CAC)
- Board of Education Committee Assignments
- Board of Education Audit Committee
- Board of Education Legislative Committee
- Board of Education Policy Committee
- Operating Budget Review Committee
Policies and Procedures
The Board of Education sets local education policy consistent with state and federal laws governing public education.
Friends of Education Award
The Friends of Education Award recognizes an individual, business, or organization for an innovative or unique contribution that directly supports the school system’s mission of excellence in teaching and learning