Extended School Year – Social Opportunities and Relationships (SOAR) Middle School
July 6, 2021-July 30, 2021 (Tentative)
- Students currently in 5th – 8th grade
- Students whose social interactions and communication skills are identified as the primary area of qualification for ESY
- Students who are receiving instruction in the essential curriculum and are participating in the general education classes with limited pull-out instruction
- Students whose IEP goals emphasize socialization with non-disabled peers
NOTE: While the primary focus of SOAR is instruction in social/pragmatic IEP goals/objectives, students can be instructed on reading, writing and/ or math goals defined from the team. When the IEP team identifies critical life skills/needs in academic and social/pragmatic areas, the IEP team also determines the best program to implement the identified goals/objectives.
- Teaching and reinforcing social skills
- Social skills lessons and reinforcing activities with typical peers
- Related services if ESY services are recommended by the IEP team
- Special education transportation is required unless Parent/Guardian will Self-Transport
- Note: Students with changes to the pick-up and drop-off address after May 14, 2021, cannot be guaranteed service for the beginning of the program.
Snack Provided By
See list of SOAR Feeder Schools
Sheila Collector, ESY Program Lead, 410-313-6837