The Howard County Public School System is committed to recruiting highly qualified and dynamic candidates for all of our school-based administrator positions. All of our pools will open to applicants beginning in the fall.
Application Screening and Interview Process
- The Office of Human Resources will conduct a preliminary review of applications submitted by the initial screening date identified in the job announcement.
- Following the initial screening, an applicant’s file may be referred to a screening committee for further review based upon the position qualifications and school system needs.
- Applicants may be referred for a panel interview based upon the screening committee’s review and school system needs.
- Applications submitted after the initial screening date may be reviewed based on the needs of the school system.
We invite you to review the resources below to assist you in preparing your application.
- HCPSS Strategic Call to Action
- Professional Standards for Educational Leaders
- Principal Cover Letter Template/Sample
- Principal Resume Template/Sample
- Assistant Principal Cover Letter Template/Sample
- Assistant Principal Resume Template/Sample
The Howard County Public School System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please call 410-313-5694 if special accommodations are required.