Online enrollment requests will open Monday, March 15 at 6 p.m. and remain open through Monday, March 29 at 6 p.m. Program descriptions, dates, times and locations will be updated prior to March 15.
Download PDF:Summer 2021 Programs Preview
BSAP Summer Institute (Grades K-9)
This program offers acceleration and enrichment opportunities for HCPSS students entering Grades K-9. Students participate in grade-level academic courses (reading/English, math, science, social studies) each morning, and in a wide range of enrichment opportunities in the afternoon.
Contact: SummerInstitute@hcpss.org or 410-313-1598.
Gifted and Talented (G/T) Summer Institutes for Talent Development
This program offers additional advanced-level instruction and enrichment experiences not regularly available during the academic school year. Rigorous instruction focusing on talent development is offered in mathematics, science, social studies, language arts, technology and fine arts.
Contact: GTSummer@hcpss.org or 410-313-6671.
Innovative Pathways High School
(Entering Grade 9, Current Grades 9-12)
This program offers high school credit-bearing courses in a variety of content areas and levels to support academic achievement and acceleration for diploma-bound students. Traditional, face-to-face courses meet in the morning and virtual, synchronous courses are offered in the afternoon.
Contact: IPSummer@hcpss.org or 410-313-6627.
Information about Academic Intervention (Grades K-8) and Extended School Year Special Education (Ages 3-5, PreK-12) programs will be shared directly with parents/guardians of HCPSS eligible students.
Enrollment requests for tuition-based programs can be made by a parent, guardian, school counselor or achievement liaison. Please carefully review the program descriptions, dates, times and locations before submitting an enrollment request. Parents/guardians will be notified via email of enrollment status (enrolled or waitlisted) at the end of the month in which the request was made. Early registration is highly recommended. Program availability may be limited during the later registration dates.
Current HCPSS students
Synergy will accept enrollment requests from March through June starting the 1st of each month at 6 p.m. and will close the 15th of each month at 6 p.m. For programs and courses that are not full, enrollment requests may be made each month through June.
- The first enrollment request window will open March 1, 2021 and is limited to current HCPSS students only.
- March enrollment requests for Innovative Pathways High School are limited to mathematics and science course requests only. All high school courses will be open for enrollment on April 1, 2021.
- Parents/guardians of Entering Kindergarten students who wish to submit an enrollment request for the BSAP Summer Institutes program should email SummerInstitute@hcpss.org to receive an online enrollment link (please include Entering K enrollment in the subject line).
Enrollment lottery process
Enrollment requests do not guarantee placement in summer programs.
- When a BSAP or G/T program is filled during a registration window, all students within the same household who requested enrollment in the same program within that window will be randomly selected for placement in that program. Students not selected will be automatically added to the applicable course wait list.
- For Innovative Pathways High School, enrollment priority will be given to students by their current grade level. Remaining students will be randomly selected and enrolled in their selected course (or alternate course) until that course has been filled.
Parents/guardians of current non-HCPSS students who wish to submit an enrollment request for the Gifted and Talented Summer Institutes for Talent Development or Innovative Pathways High School summer program should send an email to the program to receive an alternate online enrollment link (please include Non-HCPSS enrollment in the subject line).
All enrollment requests are PENDING until HCPSS has completed program placement and full tuition is paid. Enrollment requests DO NOT guarantee placement in a program.
Payments for summer programs can ONLY BE MADE once enrollment has been confirmed. Parents/guardians will receive an invoice and payment instructions once the student has been enrolled in a program. Payments may be made by credit card, check or money order. Full payment is due prior to the program start date.
Financial assistance is available for all programs. Students who currently receive Free and Reduced Price Meal services (FARMs) will have a 50 percent tuition reduction applied automatically upon verification.
Parents/guardians who do not qualify for FARMs but are experiencing a documented financial hardship, or who are unable to afford tuition after the automatic FARMs status-based discounts, may complete a Financial Assistance Application. Financial hardships include unemployment of a parent or guardian, pending foreclosure or eviction and medical hardship. The Financial Assistance Committee will review the completed applications and notify parents/guardians if additional tuition reduction will be applied.
Financial Assistance Applications will be accepted in the following manner (please only submit ONE version):
- Online: Complete the online form and email the required documentation to the student’s summer program.
- Mail: Download the application form and return the completed form and required documentation to:
Attn: Innovative Pathways
10910 Clarksville Pike
Ellicott City, MD 21042
||BSAP Summer Institute (Grades K-9)
||Innovative Pathways High School (Entering Grade 9, Current Grades 9-12)
||Gifted and Talented (G/T) Summer Institute (Grades 1-8)
Dates are subject to change. No programs meet on Monday, July 5th.
| June 28 – July 23
8:15 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
| June 21 – July 30
Morning Classes: 7:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Afternoon Classes: 1:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Mandatory orientation for all courses on the first class date: June 21, 2021
June 28 – July 9
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
July 12-July 23
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Program locations will be published in Spring 2021 and are subject to change based on the reopening status of HCPSS school buildings.
Financial Assistance is available for programs. Please visit https://www.hcpss.org/food-services/farms/ to submit a FARMs application.
||$325 (0.5 credit)
$550 (1.0 credit)
|$288 Session I
$320 Session II
Email messages will receive a faster response than calling the program phone numbers. Phone messages will be returned after reviewing voicemail messages within 24 hours during the school week.