Psychological Services Employment and Internship Opportunities
School psychologists are actively involved in providing consultation and direct services to all children. Salary is very competitive and is based on qualifications and experience. Full-time school psychologist applicants must be eligible for certification as a Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP) and Maryland certification. For additional information about school psychology positions, contact Dr. Cynthia Schulmeyer at Cynthia_Schulmeyer@hcpss.org.
Please submit your online application, a copy of NCSP certification, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and three current letters of recommendation (one of which should be from a supervisor if you are currently employed as a school psychologist or one professor if you are a student) to be considered for employment.
The HCPSS will be accepting applications for school psychologist internships for the 2022-2023 school year. The application deadline is December 10, 2021. Applicants will be asked to submit the following materials:
- Letter of Intent (include needs for internship, such as number of hours, types of experiences, amount and type of supervision, etc.)
- Detailed List of Practica Experiences, if not already included on Vita
- Graduate Transcripts (copies are acceptable)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- One letter should be from a professor in the applicant’s school psychology program and provide an appraisal of the applicant’s performance in the school psychology program of studies. A second letter should be from a school-based practicum or field placement supervisor.*
*Persons listed in the application as references will receive an electronic reference survey to complete. The reference must attach their letter of recommendation to the reference survey. Once submitted, the reference survey and letter of recommendation will be added to the applicant’s application materials.