Naviance is a web-based career and college readiness platform that all middle and high school students and parents can access. It is used by school counselors and other staff in our schools, but students and families can access at any time.
Students take strengths assessments, identify careers of interest, explore college options, and much more to prepare for life after high school. During senior year, students request transcripts and letters of recommendation to be sent to their colleges of choice. Since students are already familiar with Naviance, requesting documents is a seamless next step in the process.
Watch an overview of Naviance
Students may log-in using their active directory on their school’s Naviance log-in page via the “log-in via Clever” button. Students may also log-in directly through Clever, which is found in hcpss.me.
School Naviance Login Pages
To access Naviance, you must have the following:
- An internet connection and device
- Your username and password provided by your counselor
Setting up an account
Method 1: Counselor sets up an account
Counselors can register parents and set up a temporary password.
Method 2: Parents set up and account
Counselor can create a unique access code for parents to create their own account. Parents can click on the “I need to register” link on the login page and then enter in the code.
Tools and Features
Your student can develop as many goals as he or she would like. These goals can be academic, social or personal accomplishments. Goals are a great way for your student to focus on key actions that lead to success.
Your student can complete multiple career assessments to help him or her learn more about his or her personality type, interest areas and possible careers after high school.
Course plans ensure your student is on track in school. Course plans can be created based on graduation requirements or other pathways the student may be interested in.
Your student can explore a variety of options to pursue after graduation. He or she can use information from career assessments and course plans to help with college research.
Additional features for parents:
- Review the results of student’s interest inventories
- View updates and links from the school
- Read e-mail messages from school staff
- Access the Document Library for resources tailored for students
- View student high school course enrollment (8th grade)
- Add colleges to the Colleges I’m Thinking About list for your student
- Research colleges, enrichment programs and scholarships
- Research careers and pathways
- Take surveys
- Review student’s resume
- Comment on student’s goals