The federal Impact Aid program provides financial assistance to school districts that enroll federally connected children. Impact Aid supplements the HCPSS operating budget to enhance the teaching and learning that takes place in Howard County classrooms.
The amount of Impact Aid HCPSS receives depends on the number of qualifying families in the district. To qualify, families must have a parent/guardian who works either on a federal property in the State of Maryland (see list below) and/or is a member of the uniformed services.
Help HCPSS Qualify for Impact Aid:
Forms Due by Dec. 12, 2022
Parents should log in to HCPSS Connect Synergy, verify their federal connection information, and digitally sign the record. Only one signature is required per federally connected family. In instances where families are federally connected both by work location and membership in the uniformed services, the digital signature only need to be completed by one parent.
Ensure Your Family File is Up To Date
HCPSS uses Family File to assist in confirmation of federal connection. If you did not complete Family File and are federally connected, please log in to HCPSS Connect Synergy and complete the Federal Impact Aid section of the Family File prior to completing the Impact Aid form. If you need assistance assessing your Synergy account or completing the Family File, please contact your child’s school.
Common Federal Properties in Maryland
- Andrews Air Force Base 1500 W. Perimeter Rd, Andrews Air Force Base, MD 20762
- Army Research Lab 2800 Powder Mill Rd, Adelphi, MD 20783
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services 7500 Security Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21235
- Department of Energy 19901 Germantown Rd, Germantown, MD 20874
- Department of Defense Uniformed Services University of Health 4301 Jones Bridge Rd, Bethesda, MD 20814
- Food & Drug Administration 10903 New Hampshire Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20993
- Food & Drug Administration 5001 Campus Drive, College Park, MD 20740
- Food & Drug Administration 8401 Muirkirk Rd, Laurel, MD 20708
- Fort Detrick 810 Schreider St., Frederick, MD 21702
- Fort Meade 4409 Llewellyn Ave, Fort Meade, MD 20755
- Intelligence Community Campus-Bethesda 4600 Sangamore Rd, Bethesda, MD 20816
- Internal Revenue Service 5000 Elin Rd, Lanham, MD 20706
- NASA 8800 Greenbelt Rd, Greenbelt, MD 20771
- National Archives at College Park 8601 Adelphi Rd, College Park, MD 20740
- National Geospatial-Intel Agency 4600 Sangamore Rd, Bethesda, MD 20816
- National Institute of Standards & Technology 100 Bureau Dr, Gaithersburg, MD 20899
- National Institutes of Health 9000 Wisconsin Ave/Rockville Pk, Bethesda, MD 20892
- National Library of Medicine 8600 Wisconsin Ave/Rockville Pk, Bethesda, MD 20894
- National Security Agency 9800 Savage Rd, Fort Meade, MD 20755
- Naval Medical Research Center 503 Robert Grant Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Naval Surface Warfare Center 9500 MacArthur Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20817
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration 1335 East West Highway, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission 11555 Rockville Pk, Rockville, MD 20852
- Social Security Administration 6401 Security Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21235
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20889
- US Census Bureau 4600 Silver Hill Rd, Suitland, MD 20746
- US Department of Agriculture 10300 Baltimore Ave, Beltsville, MD 20705
- US Naval Academy 121 Blake Rd, Annapolis, MD 21402
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t work for the federal government. Am I still eligible?
You are eligible if you work on federal property, regardless of whether the federal government is your employer. If you believe you work on federal property, but the property is not listed above, please complete the online survey and it will be reviewed for eligibility.