Google Meet Expectations for Students and Families
Behavioral Expectations for Students
Students enrolled in the Digital Education Center will engage in virtual instruction sessions on Google Meet. To ensure a positive and productive learning environment during these sessions, it is important that all students adhere to the following behavioral expectations.
- Always be respectful and courteous to other students and teachers during Google Meets. Inappropriate, offensive or threatening comments; misrepresentation of identity, and/or disruptive behavior by any participants during Google Meet sessions will not be tolerated.
- Students must use their HCPSS email account to log into a Google Meet session.
- Login credentials must not be shared. Sharing of login information violates other students’ and teachers’ rights to confidentiality, and could allow class participation by unauthorized persons and/or lead to disruptive behaviors that detract from a productive and positive learning environment.
- Students who are disruptive and/or “trespass” Google Meet sessions will receive appropriate consequences in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct. Consequences may result in temporary or permanent loss of technology access, which would prevent the student from participating in Google Meet virtual sessions. Students receiving this consequence would have assignments provided to the student’s parent/guardian.
- Students should adhere to the provisions identified under Individual Responsibilities in Board of Education Policy 8080 Responsible Use Technology, Digital Tools and Social Media. Other applicable policies include:
Privacy Guidelines for Parents/Guardians
To maintain a positive, productive learning environment and assure confidentiality for students and teachers during distance learning, all parents/guardians are asked to follow the following privacy guidelines.
- Google Meet virtual instruction is designed for students. To prevent disruptions to the learning environment, parents/guardians should not actively participate in check-in sessions, although parents/guardians may assist their child with technology and/or remain nearby.
- Do not video record, audio record, photograph, live stream, or transmit in any other way any part of a Google Meet, including not posting on any social media platform.
- Any confidential or personally identifiable information related to students participating during Google Meets should not be collected, discussed or shared.
- Parents/guardians should not engage with students during Google Meets. If you need to speak with your child during a check-in session, first mute your child’s microphone.
- If a parent/guardian has a question, please email your child’s teacher.
Parents/guardians should email your child’s principal with any questions or concerns regarding privacy or virtual classroom expectations.
Thank you for your support and cooperation in ensuring that distance learning is a positive, productive and enjoyable experience for all participants