Immediate Job Openings
Home and Hospital Teachers
Current Home and Hospital Teacher openings are for all content areas and levels. Applicants can complete an online application in AppliTrack to be considered for employment. Contact Jeanine Smith at 410-313-7173 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
Full-time and part-time night custodians.
Before beginning your application, please click here for more information.
Individuals applying for positions must complete all sections of the online employment application and submit a completed application before the closing date (if applicable) in order to be considered for the position. A resume should not be substituted for the information required on the employment application.
Employment Background Checks are required for all employees.
- Based upon a preliminary review of your completed online employment application by the Office of Human Resources and school system needs, a candidate’s file may be referred to a screening committee for further review.
- Candidates may be referred for a panel interview based upon the screening committee’s review and school system needs.
Teaching And Related Professionals
- Interested candidates may visit Recruiting Events, review the recruitment schedule, and/or sign up for a Preliminary Interview.
- Based upon Preliminary Interview results, a completed online employment application, and school system needs, candidates may be referred to a Curriculum Interview. All candidates must be referred by the Office of Human Resources. Curriculum staff will not consider candidates who have not been referred by the Office of Human Resources.
- Candidates may be referred to a Site-Based Interview based upon Curriculum Interview results, a completed online employment application, school system needs, and three professional references. Site-Based Interviews are conducted by principals and/or their designee(s).
- All candidates must be referred by the Office of Human Resources for Site-Based Interviews. Principals will not consider candidates who have not been referred by the Office of Human Resources.
- All offers of employment will be made through the Office of Human Resources.
- If you received a degree or attended school outside of the U.S. or U.S. Territories, your credentials must be evaluated by an independent agency. View the list of approved agencies that evaluate foreign credentials.
Support Services And Temporary Services
Acceptable documents for verification of education, required licenses, and certificates should be uploaded when applicable. Supporting documents may include:
- Copy of high school diploma/GED or college transcript(s).
- Paraeducators applying for positions at Title I schools must upload documentation of 48 college credits or a passing score on the ParaPro test.
- Health Assistants must upload documentation of current CPR, First Aid and CNA certificates.
The Howard County Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, age, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX should be referred to: Title IX Coordinator, Office of Equity Assurance, Howard County Public School System at 10910 Clarksville Pike, Ellicott City, MD, 21042, 410-313-6654.