Please note: This is the confidentiality training. Once you’ve completed this training, view the Child Abuse and Neglect Training for Parents →
Thank you for your interest in volunteering within the Howard County School System! We value our volunteers and the contributions they make to our students and schools.
According to Howard County Board of Education Policy, all volunteers must complete a Confidentiality Training Course about protecting the privacy of our students, staff, and schools. Please complete this course before registering to volunteer at your child’s school. The course takes about 5 minutes to complete.
To complete your training course and register with your child’s school, please follow these 3 steps:
Step One: Training Course
- Click through each slide of the training course
- When you have completed the course, you will be prompted to print and sign the Volunteer Certification Form
Step Two: Certification of Completion
- Once you have complete the training, print and complete the Certification Form
- If you will be volunteering in multiple schools, please print a copy for each school.
Step Three: Register to Volunteer
- After you have finished the Confidentiality Training for Volunteers and completed the Certification Form, please bring the form to the school(s) where you will be volunteering.
Your participation in this process helps make Howard County Public Schools a safer place to learn.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school.