The Professional Library supports the Howard County Public School System’s goal of ensuring excellence in teaching and learning by serving the professional information needs of the HCPSS staff.
Monday-Friday – During School Sessions Only from 7:10 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
LocationARL Information Center
10920 Route 108
Ellicott City, MD 21042
Search the print collection of HCPSS professional resources.
Professional eBooks – Follett Shelf
Go Follett allows you to search your library’s Destiny catalog or Follett Shelf collection. See your school’s library media specialist for log in information, and select “Professional Library” to log in.
- In-depth research on educational topics
- Delivery of ERIC documents and journal articles
- Interlibrary loan service for materials not available within our school system
- Instruction in the use of our materials and equipment including online databases
Certain databases are only available to Howard County Public School System Employees. Contact the Professional Librarian for login information or retrieve usernames and passwords.
Official distribution entity for U.S. Dept of Education
ERIC (Educational Resources Information Center)
Largest education database in the world. Includes journals, reports, curriculum, teaching guides, conference papers and books. Fulltext PDF Docs from 1993. Links to all ERIC Clearinghouses, Adjunct Clearinghouses, Affiliate Clearinghouses and Support Components
Gale Reference Center Professional Collection
Professional Collection is a custom selection of full-text journals for educators that is updated daily and provides 24 hour access from school or home. The Professional Collection offers balanced coverage for any professional educator or user interested in professional development. Professional Collection contains over 3,950,058 articles. All articles have been published between 1980 and 2012.
Professional Education Links
- ASCD – International Association dedicated to Professional Education in Supervision and Curriculum Development
- MSDE – Maryland State Department of Education
- NCATE – National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- NEA – The National Education Association promotes the interests of the Teaching Profession and the cause of Education
Josh Burchett, Library Media Specialist