High School Graduations
Congratulations class of 2021!
Select a school below to view scheduled graduations or archived videos.
Atholton High School
June 1, 2021 | 7:00 p.m.
Cedar Lane School
May 28, 2021 | 10:00 a.m.
Centennial High School
June 2, 2021 | 3:00 p.m.
Glenelg High School
June 3, 2021 | 3:00 p.m.
Hammond High School
June 4, 2021 | 11:00 a.m.
Howard High School
June 2, 2021 | 7:00 p.m.
Long Reach High School
June 3, 2021 | 7:00 p.m.
Marriotts Ridge High School
June 2, 2021 | 11:00 a.m.
Mt. Hebron High School
June 1, 2021 | 11:00 a.m.
Oakland Mills High School
June 1, 2021 | 3:00 p.m.
Reservoir High School
June 3, 2021 | 11:00 a.m.
River Hill High School
June 4, 2021 | 3:00 p.m.
Wilde Lake High School
May 28, 2021 | 3:00 p.m.
Health & Safety
In collaboration with the County Executive’s office, the Howard County Health Department, and Merriweather Post Pavilion, several measures have been implemented to allow commencement events to be held on site while following health and safety guidelines.
Each graduating senior will be provided with six tickets for guests who may sit in the pavilion or on the lawn, wherever they feel comfortable. Effective May 15, mask restrictions in Howard County were lifted. As such, attendees will not be required to wear masks. However, any staff, students, family members and guests who wish to wear masks are welcome to do so.
For each graduation, HCPSS will feature an online video stream and a live textual transcript. Requests for sign language interpreters should be made at least two weeks prior to a graduation. Request forms are available at each school. Please contact the school principal secretary for a form.
Students and guests are strongly encouraged to ride together and must park in the assigned lots when arriving at Merriweather Post Pavilion. Drivers are asked to follow signs and direction of the parking attendants.
- Parking lots will open 1 hour in advance of the ceremony start time.
- Please make every effort to vacate the parking lot as quickly as possible after a ceremony so that parking is available for the next graduation.
- Merriweather Lot 1, which is located just inside the Little Patuxent Parkway at Merriweather Lane is designated as ADA parking. Entrants must have a disability placard and/or license plate. Parking staff may direct vehicles to other marked ADA spaces if they are available.
- Guests with disabilities also may be dropped off and picked up in the identified area near the accessible seating (please refer to map).
Commencement ceremonies are public events and, as such, may be photographed or videotaped. HCPSS photographers,
HCPSS will take photos of students in the audience and speakers on stage during each ceremony. Those photos will be available for viewing and/or download on the HCPSS Flickr site no later than June 11. Lifetouch will provide photographs of individual students receiving their diplomas. Complimentary proofs are mailed to each graduate, with no obligation to purchase, or may be accessed online.
It is imperative that media and other photographers/videographers do not interfere with the official documenting of commencement events and observe the following guidelines:
- Representatives of news outlets should wear their media ID badges in a plain sight. Upon arrival at Merriweather Post Pavilion on the day of the event, check in backstage with Ms. Anne Roy, the school system administrator who oversees commencements.
- Follow Ms. Roy’s directions regarding where you will be permitted to stand in order to avoid interfering with the commencement activities.
- No photos or video are to be shot from the stage unless special permission is obtained in advance through the Office of Communications (410-313-6682) and/or Ms. Roy. Special permission will not be granted on the day of the commencement.
- Failure to follow these guidelines may result in removal from the premises.