The Howard County Public School System welcomes visitors to our schools. To limit interruptions and distractions to teaching and learning and to maximize safety for all, persons who wish to visit a school campus, building or classroom are asked to comply with the following procedures:
- Anyone wishing to visit a school is asked to contact the Principal to discuss the purpose of the visit and to establish a convenient time for both the visitor and the school.
- The school will arrange for an escort for the visitor.
- Upon entering a school, all visitors must sign in at the main office and receive a visitor badge. Visitors may be required to provide a photo ID before going into other areas of the building.
- To avoid interrupting instruction, no students are allowed to shadow HCPSS students.
- Understandably, interactions between visitors and school staff and students will be limited.
- If a follow-up meeting with school staff is desired, the visitor will schedule it for a mutually convenient time.
In some cases, it may be more convenient for a prospective visitor to acquire information in other ways. The following may be helpful:
- Information about the Howard County Public School System is available through your child’s school, the HCPSS Mobile Application, or news from the school district.
- Find out more information about an individual school by visiting their website or individual profile:
- The school attendance area of a particular house address can be identified through School Locator on the HPCSS website.
- School counselors and administrators can answer many questions through phone and email conversations.