Additional Benefits: Life Insurance, Disability, and Retirement Plans
Voluntary Benefits offered through LegalShield Plan
Both services offer family or individuals coverage. Employees may select the plan(s) that best fit their household and can begin enrollment immediately upon completing the simple online enrollment at: legalshield.com/info/hcpss. Employees who retire or change jobs may continue their membership at the same low rate. This is a self pay voluntary discounted benefit.
Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Information
Whole Life Insurance with Long Term Care (LTC) Rider
Supplemental Life Insurance
HCPSS offers eligible employees life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance at not cost to the employees. The amount of life insurance is equal to the employees’ current annual salary.
- Metlife – Statement of Health Form
- Beneficiary Designation Form (Metlife) – Use this form to update your beneficiary designation(s) for your HCPSS life insurance.
- Visit MD State Retirement and Pension System’s site to update your beneficiary designation(s) for your MD State Retirement Plan. Send the notarized and completed form to MD State Retirement.
457b Deferred Compensation Program
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan Vendor List
- For additional 457(b) information, visit Howard457.com
403b Tax Sheltered Annuities
Short-term disability (STD) insurance helps to replace your income if you are sick or injured and cannot work. It is designed to begin after you have been disabled for a predetermined waiting period, known as the elimination period. You have a choice of elimination periods with this plan: 7 days, 14 days or 30 days.
Long-term disability (LTD) insurance helps to replace your income if you are sick or injured and cannot work. It is designed to begin after you have been disabled for a predetermined waiting period, known as the elimination period, of 90 days.