Supporting the Mission and Goals of HCPSS through Leadership
The mission of the Howard County Board of Education (BOE) is to provide leadership for excellence in teaching and learning by fostering a climate for deliberative change through policy and community engagement.
Participate in a Meeting
Contact the Board
Meeting Schedules and Minutes
- Upcoming regular meetings:
- Thursday, September 7, 4 p.m.
- Thursday, September 19, 4 p.m.
- Thursday, October 3, 4 p.m.
- July – September 2017 Quarterly Agenda
- Upcoming Meeting Schedule – August
- 2017—2018 Board of Education Approved Meeting Schedule
- 2017 Archived Meeting Minutes
Coffee and Conversation with the Board of Education
- Community Advisory Council (CAC)
- Board of Education Committee Assignments
- Board of Education Audit Committee
- Board of Education Legislative Committee
- Board of Education Policy Committee
- Operating Budget Review Committee
Policies and Procedures
The Board of Education sets local education policy consistent with state and federal laws governing public education.
School Cluster Assignments
Friends of Education Award
The Friends of Education Award recognizes an individual, business, or organization for an innovative or unique contribution that directly supports the school system’s mission of excellence in teaching and learning
Current Board of Education Members
Cynthia L. Vaillancourt, Chairman
Bess Altwerger, Ed.D., Vice Chairman
Student Board Member