Vision 2018 – Goal 2: Staff
Every staff member is engaged, supported, and successful.
A world-class educational system fully leverages the talent, energy and creativity of highly engaged staff. Teacher engagement is a prerequisite to student engagement. How can we foster a culture that brings out the best in our employees?
- Focus on what is strong, rather than on what is wrong.
- Encourage innovation, appropriate risk-taking, and collaboration.
- Invest in professional learning that helps all employees grow to their full potential.
Actively strive to be an engaged, supported, and successful part of the organization.
- Check up on our Staff Hub Priority News section and know what’s new with HCPSS.
- Ensure a high level of performance by taking a professional development course.
- Pursue higher learning opportunities through leadership development.
Outcomes and Strategies
Staff members experience a culture of trust, transparency, and collaboration.
- Strategy 2.1.1 – Build structures for cross-functional collaboration among offices and schools.
- Strategy 2.1.2 – Consistently include representatives from stakeholder groups in planning processes to inform school system actions and decisions.
- Strategy 2.1.3 – Build structures for vertical and horizontal collaboration among schools.
- Strategy 2.1.4 – Develop and communicate explicit expectations for professionalism and civility.
- Strategy 2.1.5 – Provide professional learning to foster effective communication, respect, and collaboration in a diverse environment.
- Strategy 2.1.6 – Provide timely, relevant, and easily accessible information.
Staff members have access to learning experiences that support their professional growth.
- Strategy 2.2.1 – Provide professional learning for staff members to enhance interpersonal and leadership skills, deepen job-specific knowledge, and grow in their professional practice.
- Strategy 2.2.2 – Provide expanded options for professional learning through flexible scheduling, online opportunities, and 24/7 access to online support resources.
- Strategy 2.2.3 – Collaborate with universities and other external entities to provide professional learning opportunities with experts in their fields.
- Strategy 2.2.4 – Continue to enhance professional growth through professional learning communities.
Staff members are held accountable for and supported in meeting standards-based performance expectations.
- Strategy 2.3.1 – Implement a robust evaluation system that aligns performance expectations to system goals for all employees.
- Strategy 2.3.2 – Provide a professional learning program that supports all employees in meeting performance expectations.
- Strategy 2.3.3 – Implement support systems for employees struggling in their professional practice.
HCPSS supports staff members’ health and well-being.
- Strategy 2.4.1 – Strengthen and broaden services to support staff wellness.
- Strategy 2.4.2 – Leverage technology to support staff members’ work-life balance.