Policies and Procedures
The Board of Education sets local education policy consistent with state and federal laws governing public education. At the direction of the Board, the Superintendent and the school system administrative staff develop policies and administrative procedures to support policy decisions:
Policy 3050 – Records Management
The Howard County Board of Education adopted the new policy and its implementation procedures on October 4, 2011. This policy establishes procedures for the management of HCPSS records and states HCPSS is responsible for maintaining records retention and disposition schedules for various types of documents. Implementation of this policy will be forthcoming.
- Policy 3030 – Research Involving Employees and Students
- Policy 5220 – School Bus Contracts and School Bus Personnel
- Policy 7010 – Confidentiality of Personnel Records and Files
- Policy 8030 – Graduation Requirements
- Policy 8120 – Testing: State and Local Responsibilities and Protocols
- Policy 8200 – Digital Education
- Policy 9050 – Student Records and Confidentiality
During the development or revision period, comments and suggestions for changes to the policies under review can be submitted via email to email@example.com and will be shared with the applicable committee chairs prior to the presentation of the proposed policy report to the Board of Education.
After presentation of the proposed policy to the Board of Education, the public are invited to submit written testimony at least 48 hours prior to the meeting at which the Board is scheduled to take action by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to the Board of Education Office. The public may also testify in person at the public hearing. Equal consideration is given to written and oral testimony.
For more information, contact email@example.com.