Vision 2018 – Goal 3: Families
Families and the community are engaged and supported as partners in education.
Parents grade their satisfaction with public schools primarily through their interactions with teachers. How can we help parents nurture their child’s engagement in school?
- Encourage them to ask questions that engage their child, such as "How did your teacher encourage you to ask questions today?" Or, "How does your teacher make you feel important?"
- Ease parents’ access to the information they need to make informed decisions.
- Serve as ambassadors for our schools and system to show parents and our community that we welcome their involvement.
Families: Take part in your child’s learning environment
Become a partner in education by getting involved with your child’s education.
- Filling out an emergency procedure card automatically signs you up for school email notifications. Watch the primary email address you used for ways to get involved at your child’s school.
- Ask your child’s school about Parent Leadership Opportunities.
- Learn more about what your child will learn in school.
- Find new ways to help your child with their coursework at home
Community: Foster a culture that supports innovation and progress
Strengthen the bond between community progress and educational progress.
- Start a partnership with HCPSS to enhance student’s educational experiences while supporting your organization.
- Senior citizens can join Golden Opportunities to volunteer, attend meetings, and gain access to school events.
- Anyone can get involved with yearly budget meetings to give input on the process.
Outcomes and Strategies
HCPSS collaborates with family and community partners to engender a culture of trust, transparency, and mutual respect.
- Strategy 3.1.1 – Ensure that HCPSS schools and offices are welcoming environments.
- Strategy 3.1.2 – Develop mechanisms for interactive communications with stakeholders.
- Strategy 3.1.3 – Consistently include representatives from stakeholder groups in planning processes to inform school system actions and decisions.
- Strategy 3.1.4 – Engage parents in the school improvement process
- Strategy 3.1.5 – Develop intentional strategies to involve parents in decisions regarding their child’s HCPSS experience.
- Strategy 3.1.6 – Develop intentional strategies to connect directly with families who need additional supports.
- Strategy 3.1.7 – Develop a robust and convenient family education program on key topics around student achievement, advocacy, and student and family supports.
HCPSS is strengthened through partnerships.
- Strategy 3.2.1 – Develop and leverage partnerships to meet strategic goals.
- Strategy 3.2.2 – Collaborate with businesses and organizations to enhance organizational practices.
- Strategy 3.2.3 – Partner with government, community organizations, and businesses to support the well-being of students, families, and staff members.
- Strategy 3.2.4 – Increase volunteer opportunities that enrich the school environment.
HCPSS engages families and the community through relevant, timely, accessible, and audience-focused communications.
- Strategy 3.3.1 – Provide timely, relevant, and easily accessible information on the HCPSS website.
- Strategy 3.3.2 – Tailor communications to user needs.
- Strategy 3.3.3 – Increase opportunities for two-way communication.
- Strategy 3.3.4 – Acclimate all families in accessing information and services to best support their students’ education.
- Strategy 3.3.5 – Provide a one-stop portal to streamline communications with parents.
- Strategy 3.3.6 – Link feedback on student performance with resources for improvement that parents can access to help their children succeed.
HCPSS supports the well-being of students and families.
- Strategy 3.4.1 – Develop intentional strategies to connect directly with families who need additional supports.
- Strategy 3.4.2 – Partner with government, community organizations to enhance services that support the well-being of students and families.