A five-year strategic plan for the school system, Vision 2018: Fulfilling the Promise of Preparation was launched on July 1, 2013. This plan reflects the goals and priorities for our school system of more than 2400 stakeholders – parents, staff, students, and community members – who provided input through focus groups, listen and learn sessions, surveys, and other venues. It projects a vision for the kind of educational program that every child deserves: one where students are inspired to learn, challenged to grow and empowered to reach for their goals.
The document articulates a mission, guiding principles, and vision for the HCPSS, and is organized into four goals that define the targeted future state in relation to students, staff, families and the community, and the organization as a whole. Specific strategies are identified under each goal area, as well as performance measures that will be used to track success over the five-year implementation period.
"Every student is inspired to learn and empowered to excel."
"We cultivate a vibrant learning community that prepares students to thrive in a dynamic world"
Concepts, values, and principles that guide the organization’s work.
HCPSS believes in…
- Achieving excellence in all we do
- Developing each student’s unique gifts
- Engaging students in relevant, experiential, and personalized learning
- Cultivating creative problem solving, critical thinking, and innovation
- Promoting integrity, civility, and global citizenship
- Enriching learning by honoring our diversity
- Fostering a culture of collaboration, trust, and shared responsibility
- Removing barriers to success