HCPSS Seeks Citizen Members for Policy Development/Revision Committees, Due June 8, 2018
Posted: May 7th, 2018
The Howard County Public School System (HCPSS) invites citizens to take an active role in developing and revising school system policies as members of policy development/revision committees.
HCPSS is currently seeking candidates for membership on the following 2018–2019 Policy Development/Revision Committees:
- Policy 2020 Policy Development and Adoption
- Policy 3010 Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Policy 4000 Grants
- Policy 7040 Alcohol and Noncontrolled Substance Abuse by Employees
- Policy 7050 Drug Use by Employees: Illegal Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Controlled Substances
- Policy 7060 Royalties
- Policy 9210 Student Dress Code
- Policy 9270 Student Assault and/or Battery on Staff
- Policy 9280 Students Charged with Community or Reportable Offenses
- Policy 10000 Parent, Family, and Community Involvement
- Policy 10020 Use of School Facilities
Each committee typically meets 4–5 times to discuss and make policy recommendations regarding educational programs and school system operations. Each policy committee will include one member representing the General Citizens stakeholder group.
The knowledge, experience and perspective shared by community stakeholders are used to improve the policy review process and ensure transparency at every stage of the committee’s work. All current HCPSS policies can be viewed online.
Citizens interested in participating may submit a statement of interest online, or contact the Policy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410–313–8954. The deadline for submissions is Friday, June 8, 2018. Citizens should complete and submit a separate statement of interest for each policy committee of interest. All applicants will be contacted by July 6.