Students are now able to register for the Middle School World Language program through the HCPSS BSAP/K-9 Summer Institute. Rising 8th graders, who were not enrolled in world language in grade 7, may enroll in French or Spanish this summer. Successful completion of this course will prepare students to enroll in the appropriate grade 8 language course for the 2015-2016 school year. The course meets from June 29 – July 24 from 8:30am – 12:15pm at Lime Kiln Middle School ($275). Students have the option of also registering for the afternoon enrichment sessions with the BSAP/K-9 Summer Institute ($550).
Although this course was listed in the HCPSS Summer Catalog, it was not available on any of the online registration forms, prohibiting students from enrolling. If you have any students interested, please encourage them to complete the online registration form on the summer school website.
Each summer the HCPSS presents a number of learning experiences and educational opportunities by offering a wide variety of programs and classes. These programs and classes are open to Howard County residents as well as out-of-county residents.
2015 Summer Classes and Camps Course Information
Gifted and Talented – 2015 Summer Institutes for Talent Development
- Course Catalog (contains registration forms)
- Class Availability – Enrollment Update for G/T Summer Institutes
Comprehensive Summer School (CSS) Registration Information, K-9/BSAP and High School
Final enrollment for the Howard County CSS/BSAP Summer Institute Elementary (K-4) and ESOL Program is on June 13, 2015.
- May 25-June 5, 2015
Onsite Registration at Homewood Center
- Wednesdays 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- June 10
- Saturdays 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- June 13 and June 20
Registered Student Orientation Night – Comprehensive Summer School (CSS) and BSAP Summer Institute
- Wednesday, June 17, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Reservoir High School Auditorium
- 11550 Scaggsville Road, Fulton, Md. 20759
If you have any questions regarding the program please feel free to contact Alice Giles or Sue Williams in the Summer School office at 410-313-6627 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jackie Jenkins at 410-313-1598
Before and After School Care – Comprehensive Summer School (CSS) and BSAP Summer Institutes
Before and After School Care will be provided by Howard County Recreation and Parks at the Fulton Elementary School Location only. If your child is registered for the Comprehensive Summer School K-9/BSAP Summer Institutes at Fulton Elementary School or Lime Kiln Middle School and you are interested in having your child attend Before (7:00am – 8:30am) or After Care (3:00pm – 6:00pm), you may contact Howard County Recreation and Parks at 410-313-7275 and ask about registering in their Fulton Fun Zone program.
Comprehensive K-9 and High School Programs
- Blended Courses: Sue Williams or Alice Giles, 410-313-6627
- BSAP: Jackie Jenkins, 410-313-1598
- Comprehensive K-9 and Comprehensive High School: Sue Williams or Alice Giles, 410-313-6627
HCPSS StarTalk Chinese Language Camp
June 29- July 17, 2015
8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Clarksville Middle School
Gifted and Talented Summer Institutes
Contact: LaDonna Norjen, 410-313-7005
MESA (Grades 9-12) Program Registration Information
Mail-In Registration Only
Biomedical Summer Enrichment Program
June 29 – July 10, 2015
8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Lime Kiln Middle School
Mail Registration Form & Payment postmarked by June 5, 2015 to:
Attn: Diane Martin
10910 Clarksville Pike
Ellicott City, MD 21044
Contact: Diane Martin, 410-313-1524
Career Academies Summer Programs
There are still course openings in Career Academies Summer Programs, registration has been extended.
Mail Registration Form & Payment to:
Applications & Research Lab
Attn: Stephanie Discepolo
10920 Clarksville Pike
Ellicott City, MD 21042
Contact: Stephanie Discepolo, 410-313-7493
- Registration Form – can be used to register for G/T, MESA grades 9-12 and Career Academies programs only; Comprehensive Summer School (CSS) K-9/BSAP and High School may use the online registration form or complete an on-site registration at the Homewood Center.
- Health Form – to be completed by non-HCPSS students and out-of-county residents only; must also submit immunization records.