Questions about Kindergarten?
- Attend a workshop to learn more about the Kindergarten program
- Tips and guidelines from the February 24th, 2014 Workshop
Please note: Children must be 5 years old by September 1 in order to enroll in kindergarten. Every child who is 5 years old by September 1 must be enrolled in a kindergarten program this fall or have an approved waiver.
All HCPSS elementary schools provide full-day kindergarten programs.
2015 Road to Kindergarten Sessions
All sessions are from 6:30-7:30 pm. Child care is available at each session for children ages 2 and older. Please allow at least 15 minutes extra for child care sign-in.
Tuesday, Jan., 20
- Wilde Lake High School (Directions)
Thursday, Jan., 29
- Long Reach High School (Directions)
Wednesday, Feb., 4
- Marriotts Ridge High School (Directions)
Monday, Feb., 9
- Hammond Middle School (Directions)
Snow Date (will be held only if one of the above sessions are cancelled)
Tuesday, Feb., 17
- Howard High School (Directions)
- Kindergarten Waiver Form – Request to NOT Enter Kindergarten
- Contact your child’s school – School Contact List
- Locate your child’s school – School & Bus Locator
- Enrollment and FAQs About Enrollment
- Immunization Requirements
Learn how kindergarten offers a wide range of experiences to build a solid foundation for future student learning opportunities.
Transition From Pre-K To Kindergarten
Do I need to re-register my child?
You do not need to re-register your child for kindergarten if he/she is already enrolled as an HCPSS student in any Pre-K or RECC program. (Students attending the fee-based Learning Together Program are not yet enrolled and do need to register for kindergarten.)
What if my child is transferring schools?
If your child is transferring to a new school, his/her records including: registration, immunization, health, and report card information, will be sent automatically at the end of this school year. A letter, along with other kindergarten-preparation materials, will be provided to Pre-K parents by the end of February each year explaining the above process.
All of the elementary schools hold events in the spring or summer for incoming kindergarteners. Please contact your child’s school for more information. For a list of elementary school contact information, click here.
Parents requesting a one-year waiver to defer entry to kindergarten, may obtain a form by calling the Office of Elementary Administration at 410-313-6609 or by downloading one of the forms listed below:
Contact the Office of Early Childhood Programs, 410-313-5693