Jazz in the Woods Festival, April 28, 2018
Posted: April 12th, 2018
Saturday, April 28, 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 10431 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia
The Howard County Public School System (HCPSS) Fine Arts Office, in partnership with The Inner Arbor Trust, invites the community to attend the inaugural Jazz in the Woods Festival. The musical celebration will take place at the Chrysalis-Merriweather Park at Symphony Woods, 10477 Little Patuxent Parkway in Columbia, on Saturday, April 28. The festival is free and open to the public.
Jazz bands and ensembles from seven HCPSS schools and the community will perform at the festival. They will perform at the following times:
- 10:30 a.m. – Hammond HS Jazz Band
- 11:00 a.m. – Murray Hill MS Jazz Band
- 11:30 a.m. – Columbia Big Band
- 12:00 p.m. – Folly Quarter MS Gold Jazz Band
- 12:30 p.m. – Marriotts Ridge HS Big Band
- 1:00 p.m. – Folly Quarter MS Blue Jazz Band
- 1:30 p.m. – Ellicott Mills MS Jazz Ensemble
- 2:00 p.m. – Wilde Lake MS Jazz Band
- 2:30 p.m. – Wilde Lake HS Jazz Ensemble
In the event of inclement weather, the event will be moved to Marriotts Ridge High School, 12100 Woodford Drive in Marriottsville. The group performance schedule will remain unchanged.
Parking is available in lots at the intersection of Little Patuxent Parkway and Merriweather Drive in Columbia.
If you need assistance or accommodation with parking or accessibility, please call 443-832-3223 or email email@example.com