Deep Run Elementary School Construction Project
This is a finished construction project.
Deep Run Elementary School is a one-story structure serving kindergarten through fifth grade with the additional Regional Early Childhood Center (RECC) program in the HCPSS. Construction of the original structure began in 1989, and the first students arrived at the beginning of the 1990 academic year. Two major renovations and additions have expanded the footprint of the building since its opening. The first renovation, completed in 1997, added classroom space to the east and west sides of the building and expanded the cafeteria to the north. The more recent 2008 addition expanded the kindergarten and pre-kindergarten space in the northeast corner of the school. The approximate gross square footage is 83,000 square feet. The current student population of the school is 750 students with 140 full and part-time staff members.
Due to the age of the school and its systems, coupled with its growing population, there are numerous program and functional deficiencies. To address these deficiencies, the project will proceed in two phases. The first phase will address the needed additions, while the second phase will include extensive renovations to the existing building.
Schematic Design Stage
- Presented to BOE – July 11, 2013 (BOE approved in favor of plans.) – Proposed Schematic Design
- Supporting PowerPoint presentation – Schematic Design Report
Design Development Stage
- Presented to BOE – October 22, 2013 (BOE approved in favor of the plans.) – Design Development Submission
- Supporting PowerPoint presentation – Design Development Report
Construction Document Stage
- The Board approved the Design Development submission at the February 25, 2014 meeting – Construction Document Report
- Supporting Powerpoint Presentation – Construction Document Presentation