Policies and Procedures
Board of Education policies are fully accessible, mobile-friendly and interlink to ensure better mobility throughout the site. PDFs of policies are available on the Board’s BoardDocs website, select Policies from the top menu.
The Board of Education sets local education policy consistent with state and federal laws governing public education. At the direction of the Board, the Superintendent and the school system administrative staff develop policies and administrative procedures to support policy decisions. Development and revision of policies follow Policy 2020 Policy Development and Adoption.
The policies are assigned by category series as follows:
- 1000 Series: Foundations And Basic Commitments
- 2000 Series: School Board Governance and Operations
- 3000 Series: General School Administration
- 4000 Series: Fiscal Management
- 5000 Series: Support Services
- 6000 Series: Facilities Planning And Development
- 7000 Series: Human Resources
- 8000 Series: Instruction
- 9000 Series: Students
- 10000 Series: School and Community Involvement
Policies Under a Full Review and/or Development
- Policy 1050 – Tobacco-Free Environment
- Policy 1080 – Educational Equity (working title -new)
- Policy 4010 – Donations
- Policy 4030 – Activity Funds
- Policy 7000 – Workforce Diversity
- Policy 7040 – Alcohol and Noncontrolled Substance Abuse by Employees
- Policy 7050 – Drug Use by Employees: Illegal Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia and Controlled Substances
- Policy 8080 – Responsible Use of Technology and Social Media
- Policy 8090 – Non-School-Hour Curricular Programs (2-year review)
- Policy 8100 – Field Trips
- Policy 9010 – Attendance
- Policy 9230 – Alcohol, Other Drugs, Prescription Medication and Over-the-Counter Products
- Policy 10020 – Use of School Facilities
Policies Revised But Not Yet Implemented
These policies and procedures are effective July 1, 2020 unless otherwise noted.
- Policy 2020 – Policy Development and Adoption – 7/1/20
- Policy 2070 – Ethics – TBD
- Policy 4020 Fundraising by School and School-Sponsored Organizations (formerly Fund Raising) – 7/1/20
- Policy 7020 – Nepotism – 7/1/20
- Policy 7060 – Royalties – TBD
- Policy 7120 Selection of Coaches and Advisors of High School Extracurricular Activities (formerly Coaches and Advisors of High School Extracurricular Activities) – 7/1/20
- Policy 8050 – Teaching Controversial Issues – 7/1/20
During the development or revision period, comments and suggestions for changes to the policies under review can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be shared with the applicable committee chairs prior to the presentation of the proposed policy report to the Board of Education.
After presentation of the proposed policy to the Board of Education, the public are invited to submit written testimony at least 48 hours prior to the meeting at which the Board is scheduled to take action by email to email@example.com or by letter to the Board of Education Office. The public may also testify in person at the public hearing. Equal consideration is given to written and oral testimony.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.