2021-2022 End-of-Year Updates and Information
This page will be continually updated as new information becomes available.
High School Graduations
The 2022 high school graduations will be held Thursday, May 26 – Friday, June 3, 2022. Specific dates and times are available online.
Ceremonies will be held in person at Merriweather Post Pavilion, with the exception of Cedar Lane School, which will hold its graduation ceremony at the school.
Graduation-related information is available online, and will be updated as new information becomes available. Schools will communicate with families regarding tickets.
The last day for seniors will be Thursday, May 26, 2022.
Grading & Testing
Third quarter report cards may be viewed/downloaded via HCPSS Connect Synergy after 5 p.m. on Friday, April 8. Fourth quarter report cards will be available online at or after the end of the school year.
Schools are planning for in-person end-of-year activities, including proms, celebrations and promotional opportunities.
Schools will provide additional information on end-of-year activities as they are planned.
Last Days of School
This information is subject to change, pending any additional inclement weather or emergency closings.
HCPSS has used four inclement weather days this school year and made up one of those days by opening schools February 21*. As such, HCPSS will use three of the planned inclement weather calendar days in June and the last day for full-day pre-K and all K-12 students is scheduled to be Friday, June 17, 2022. The last day for half-day pre-K/RECC students is scheduled to be Tuesday, June 14.
The two final weeks for the 2021-2022 school year are as follows:
- Monday, June 6 – Regular school day
- Tuesday, June 7 – Regular school day
- Wednesday, June 8 – Schools dismiss three hours early; No half-day pre-K/RECC (Professional Work Day)
- Thursday, June 9 – Regular school day
- Friday, June 10 – Regular school day
- Monday, June 13 – Regular school day
- Tuesday, June 14 – Regular school day (Last day for half-day pre-K/RECC students)
- Wednesday, June 15 – Schools dismiss three hours early
- Thursday, June 16 – Schools dismiss three hours early
- Friday, June 17 – Schools dismiss three hours early (Last day for full-day pre-K and K-12 students)
The complete HCPSS academic calendar is available online.
*Monday, Feb. 21, originally closed for Presidents Day, instead was a full school day, with both schools and offices being open. In January 2022, Maryland State Superintendent of Schools Mohammed Choudhury announced that districts may request permission and use the state-mandated closure on Presidents Day for an inclement weather make-up day.