Special Education Program Vision
Vision: A collaborative community that maximizes the experiences of all learners, birth through age 21.
- Everyone is united in a common commitment to ensuring success for each child
- Children have access to general education curriculum with rigorous expectations and standards to create a better future for themselves and others
- There is a shared understanding among all staff, students, children and families of expectations, roles, and responsibilities
- Everyone works together to set and achieve the highest possible standards, both academic and behavioral, and to be accountable for data-driven results
- Special education processes are participant friendly, culturally responsive and collaborative with a focus on the strengths and needs of the student / child.
- Parents, students and children are heard and understood, and their input is valued
- All staff are valued, as professionals, for their knowledge, experience, and competence
- A comprehensive range of instructional and related services, supports and resources are provided to schools, staff, students, children and families to meet the assessed needs of students and children
- Staff and families are supported and best practices are promoted through comprehensive professional learning and family training opportunities
- Services are coordinated with community resources to support students, children and their families.