Archived 2018-19 Redistricting Process
The following highlights the previously completed 2018-19 Redistricting Process. View a map of the approved school boundary adjustments
Spring Regional Meetings (April 25 & 27)
Feasibility Study (June 22)
Each year, the Board of Education reviews capital planning options and redistricting scenarios through a feasibility study. The annual student enrollment projection is introduced along with scenarios that are intended to provide a comprehensive look at suggested capital additions, renovations, and any attendance area adjustments that are anticipated within a ten-year timeframe.
A strategic plan is submitted to the Board outlining capital planning options and redistricting scenarios based on projections for the ten-year Capital Improvement Program.
View the 2017 feasibility study
Attendance Area Plan Survey
The public is invited to provide feedback on any proposed boundary adjustment plan presented in public meetings throughout the process. The AAC’s survey on the draft plan will was open through Sunday, August 20.
Attendance Area Committee Meetings
- Tuesdays, June 27 – August 22. The meetings will be broadcasted on HCPSS-TV (Comcast 95/Verizon 42) and live online at www.hcpss.org
The AAC meets to discuss recommendations for redistricting, producing plans for evaluation by both the public and the Superintendent. These are volunteers, generously volunteering their summer to assist the school system with this process. While we received many requests for personal information, including email addresses of these members, please understand this is information is not available. The AAC’s survey on the draft plan will was open through Sunday, August 20.
Regional Attendance Area Open House
- Tuesday, Sept. 12, 7:30 p.m., Wilde Lake High School
- Wednesday, Sept. 13, 7:30 p.m., Howard High School
Superintendent’s Redistricting Recommendations
- Tuesday, Oct. 3, 7:30 p.m., Presentation to the Board of Education of Attendance Area Adjustment Plan
Attendance Area Adjustment recommendations are made by the Superintendent at a Board of Education meeting, taking into consideration the input from the AAC and the public.
Board of Education Public Hearings and Work Sessions
- Thursday, Oct. 12, 7 p.m., Work Session I
- Thursday, Oct. 26, 7 p.m., Public Hearing I (at River Hill HS Auditorium)
- Monday, Oct. 30, 7 p.m., Public Hearing II (at River Hill HS Auditorium)
- Wednesday, Nov. 1, 7:30 p.m., Work Session II
- Thursday, Nov. 2, 7:30 p.m., Work Session III
- Tuesday, Nov. 7, 7 p.m., Public Hearing III (at River Hill HS Auditorium)
- Wednesday, Nov. 8, 5:30 p.m., Work Session IV
- Thursday, Nov. 9, 7:30 p.m., Work Session V
- Tuesday, Nov. 14, 7:30 p.m., Work Session VI
Approval of Attendance Area Adjustment Plan
On November 16, 2017, the Board of Education adopted changes to school attendance areas.
- Thursday, Nov. 16, 7:30 p.m., Board of Education Approval
After the Board of Education’s Attendance Area Adjustment decision citizens may submit appeals.