HCPSS Seeks Citizen Members for Policy Development/Revision Committees, Deadline Aug. 11
Posted: July 24th, 2017
The Howard County Public School System (HCPSS) invites citizens to take an active role in developing and revising school system policies as members of policy development/revision committees.
HCPSS is currently seeking candidates for membership on the following policy development/revision committees:
- Policy 1070: Immigrant Students (working title) – new policy
- Policy 4050: Procurement of Goods and/or Services – revision of existing policy
Each committee typically meets 4–5 times to discuss and make policy recommendations regarding educational programs and school system operations. Each policy committee will include one member representing the General Citizens stakeholder group.
The knowledge, experience and perspective shared by community stakeholders are used to improve the policy review process and ensure transparency at every stage of the committee’s work. All current HCPSS policies can be viewed online.
Citizens interested in participating may:
- Submit a statement of interest online,
- Download and complete this form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Print and mail the form to Policy/Charter Schools Office, 10910 Clarksville Pike, Ellicott City, Maryland 21042.
- Citizens should submit a separate form for each policy committee of interest. The deadline for submissions is Friday, August 11, 2017.
Citizens should submit a separate form for each policy committee of interest. The deadline for submissions is Friday, August 11, 2017.