Getting Started: Self-Directed Services, September 23 and October 2
Posted: July 24th, 2017
Join us as we explore the Developmental Disabilities Administration’s (DDA) self-directed services. This is a service delivery model for individuals with developmental disabilities who wish to exercise more choice, control, and authority over their supports. The workshop is designed for parents of youth with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and in their last two years of high school. The workshop will focus on steps for parents and youth to get started on the path to self-determination through self-directed services.
For information or to RSVP contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-713-3910 (voice/relay).
Available at two times and dates:
Saturday, September 23rd**
- 7:30-9:00 p.m.
- The Bain 50+ Center, 5470 Ruth Keeton Way Columbia, MD 21044
**Held during Howard County Recreation & Parks Therapeutic Recreation Office’s “Under the Sea” Dance
Monday, October 2nd
- 12:00-3:00 p.m.
- The NonProfit Collaborative of Howard County Training Room, 9770 Patuxent Woods Drive, Columbia, MD 21046
To request accommodations for participation in this event, please contact Erica Lewis by September 15, 2017 at 410-313-6402 (voice/relay) or email@example.com.
Sponsored by the Howard County Transition Outreach Partnership:
- Howard County Department of Community Resources and Services
- Howard County Recreation and Parks
- Howard County Public School System
- Accessible Resources for Independence
- Howard County Autism Society