Getting Started: Self-Directed Services Workshop, April 19-20
Posted: March 6th, 2017
Join us as we explore the Developmental Disabilities Administration’s (DDA) self-directed services. This is a service delivery model for individuals with developmental disabilities who wish to exercise more choice, control, and authority over their supports. The workshop is designed for parents of youth with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and in their last two years of high school. The workshop will focus on steps for parents and youth to get started on the path to self-determination through self-directed services.
Workshop is available at two dates and times:
- April 19, Noon-1:30 p.m. – Roger Carter Community Center 3000 Milltowne Drive Ellicott City, MD 21043
- April 20, 7-8:30 p.m. – The Bain 50+ Center 5470 Ruth Keeton Way Columbia, MD 21044
Space is limited. RSVP by April 11, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-713-3910 (voice/relay).
For information or to request accommodations for participation in this event, please contact Erica Lewis by April 11, 2017 at 410-313-6402 (voice/relay) or email@example.com.
Sponsored by the Howard County Transition Outreach Partnership:
- Howard County Department of Community Resources and Services
- Howard County Recreation and Parks
- Howard County Public School System
- Howard County Autism Society