We continuously recruit for teaching and related professional positions throughout the year in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates and encourage you to submit an application. When a position becomes available, we review applications, credentials and other pertinent details at that time. Due to the high volume of applications in some curricular areas, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by a recruiter.
Recruitment Events in Howard County
We are especially interested in recruiting teachers and related professional positions in the critical shortage areas below as well as teacher candidates who are career changers and/or retirees from the military or other fields.
- Computer Science
- Family-Consumer Science
- Media Specialist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Reading Specialist
- School Psychologists
- Special Education
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Technology Education
- World Languages
FAQs and Contact Information
- FAQs About Teaching
- Certified Teachers – 410-313-6693
- Retired Teachers – 410-313-6693
- Substitute Teachers – 410-313-7035
Overview Of Working In The HCPSS
Reasons to teach in the HCPSS include:
- Competitive salaries.
- Nationally-recognized Professional Development Program.
- School-based mentors and content-based mentors.
- Document Repository and E-Guides for lesson planning resources.
- Teacher Support Center with countless resources materials.
- State-of-the-art schools.
- Motivated and talented students.
- A community that values and supports education.
Your Place To Be – Video overviews of working in the HCPSS.