Substitute Teaching and Temporary Positions Hiring
We are currently accepting applications for:
- Substitute Teachers (All Grades)*
- Substitute paraeducator/clerical
- Lunch/ recess monitor
- Temporary Custodial
* Priority processing will be extended to those applicants who are K-12 certified teachers or hold a bachelor’s degree in education. Other applicants will be considered on an as-needed basis. Please include your certification information in your application.
Acceptable documents for verification of education, required licenses, and certificates should be uploaded when applicable. Supporting documents may include:
- Copy of high school diploma/GED or college transcript(s).
- Paraeducators applying for positions at Title I schools must upload documentation of 48 college credits or a passing score on the ParaPro test.
- Health Assistants must upload documentation of current CPR, First Aid and CNA certificates.
Employment Background Checks are required for all employees.
- $75/day – Non-degreed (Minimum of 60 credits)
- $85/day – Degreed (Bachelors or higher)
- $103/day – Retired Teacher (Must provide verification)
Extended – Begins on the sixth consecutive day for the same teacher in the same assignment.
- $88/day – Non-degreed (Day 6 – 15)
- $96/day – Degreed (Day 6 – 15)
- $103/day – Retired Teacher (Day 6 – 15)
Note: An absence during the extended day assignment will result in the pay rate returning to the daily rate of pay.
Long-term – Begins on the 16th consecutive day for the same teacher in the same assignment.
- $103/day – Non-degreed (Day 16 and beyond)
- $113/day – Degreed (Day 16 and beyond)
- $113/day – Retired Teacher (Day 16 and beyond)
Please Note: Any unexcused or unapproved absences can result in the long-term rate reverting to the daily rate of pay.
SmartFindExpress – Current substitutes may access job opportunities and receive assignment confirmations through eSchool Solutions SmartFindExpress. Once an employee has been hired and processed into the HCPSS, they are registered for a SmartFindExpress account. SmartFindExpress jobs may be viewed online and assignment confirmations received via email and telephone.