We continuously recruit for teaching and related professional positions throughout the year in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates and encourage you to submit an application. When a position becomes available, we review applications, credentials and other pertinent details at that time. Due to the high volume of applications in some curricular areas, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by a recruiter.
We are especially interested in recruiting teachers and related professional positions in the critical shortage areas as well as teacher candidates who are career changers and/or retirees from the military or other fields.
Recruitment Events in Howard County
View upcoming teacher recruitment events at the Howard County Department of Education
University and Job Fair Recruitment Events
View upcoming teacher recruitment events outside of Howard County
- Computer Science
- Family-Consumer Science
- Media Specialist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Reading Specialist
- School Counselors
- School Psychologists
- Special Education
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Technology Education
- World Languages
FAQs and Contact Information
- FAQs About Teaching
- Certified Teachers - 410-313-6693
- Retired Teachers - 410-313-6693
- Substitute Teachers - 410-313-7035
Overview Of Working In The HCPSS
- Reasons to teach in the HCPSS include:
- Competitive salaries.
- Nationally-recognized Professional Development Program.
- School-based mentors and content-based mentors.
- Document Repository and E-Guides for lesson planning resources.
- Teacher Support Center with countless resources materials.
- State-of-the-art schools.
- Motivated and talented students.
- A community that values and supports education.
- Your Place To Be - Video overviews of working in the HCPSS. (Videos are hosted on YouTube.)