New Teacher Required Documentation
- Completed Maryland Department of Education Application.
- Certification Fee Authorization Form.
- A copy of a current Maryland or Out-of-State teaching certificate.
- A copy of all test taken for certification.
- Official transcripts.
- Verification of Experience from previous school systems.
- Valid 2 years for 12 credit hours or less plus test .
- 2 certificates, valid 2 years each 13+ credit hours plus test(s).
- Provisional Contract (valid 1 year).
- Conditionally certified teachers must complete 6 semester hours of credit towards full certification by the end of the first conditional certificate year.
- Courses may be taken for undergraduate or graduate credits.
- Reading course may be taken as Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits.
Failure to complete certification requirements by the expiration date of a current conditional certificate will result in termination.