Gifted and Talented – Additional Resources
Learn more about universities and related associations that research and promote Gifted and Talented education.
College Of William And Mary
- The Center for Gifted Education is a learning community that values and fosters the talent development process of individuals over the lifespan.
Howard County G/T Education Program Advisory Committee
- A moderator operated email group that the Advisory uses to notify members of upcoming events, to periodically alert parents to Federal and State legislative activity that might impact gifted and talented education and to serve as a support system for parents looking for information or assistance. Sign up by submitting your email address to GTAdvisoryHCPSS@earthlink.net.
- For additional information, please contact the G/T program office at 410-313-6800.
Individual Differences In Learning Association, Inc.
- The Individual Differences in Learning Association, Inc. , provides information and support for the parents and teachers of gifted children with learning disabilities (including ADHD).
Johns Hopkins Univ. Center For Talented Youth: Recommendations For G/T Education In Maryland
- In September 1993, the Maryland State Superintendent of Schools established the Maryland Task Force on Gifted and Talented Education. The charge to the task force was “to study the current status of gifted and talented education across the State of Maryland and make appropriate recommendations.” Learn more at the Center for Talented Youth online.
Maryland Educators Of Gifted Students (MEGS)
- Online membership registration for the group, and registration info about the Maryland State Conference on Gifted and Talented Education.
The National Association For Gifted Children (NAGC)
- The NAGC is an organization of parents, educators, other professionals and community leaders who unite to address the unique needs of children and youth with demonstrated gifts and talents as well as those children who may be able to develop their talent potential with appropriate educational experiences.
The National Research Center On The Gifted And Talented
- The center plans and conducts theory-driven quantitative and qualitative research that is problem-based, practice-relevant, and consumer-oriented. Our mission includes a broad-based dissemination function, and the formation of a nationwide cooperative of researchers, practitioners, policy makers, and other persons and groups that have a stake in the psychology and education of high-potential youth from preschool through post-secondary levels.