Apply for the Teachers for Tomorrow Program
What is T4T?
Believed to be the first program of its kind in the nation, T4T was developed by the Howard County Public School System in partnership with McDaniel College to create a more diverse workforce in Howard County Schools. This innovative scholarship program will provide up to 12 full scholarships to McDaniel College, with a commitment to teach in HCPSS schools for three years immediately following graduation.
Who is Eligible to Apply for T4T?
HCPSS is seeking academically successful students with limited financial resources who are currently eligible to be employed in the United States and who meet specific requirements.
Requirements for Consideration
- A cumulative (9th–11th) GPA of 3.0 or higher (weighted).
- SAT scores of 1100 or higher on the new revised SAT (1000 on SAT taken prior to March 2016) or a 22 on the ACT.
- Students ranked in the top ten percent of their graduating class are allowed to apply SAT-optional without submitting test scores.
- Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid by January 15, 2017. Don’t forget to include the Title IV code on your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) to make sure McDaniel receives your results: 002109.
- Learn more about filling out your FAFSA →
- To be considered as a T4T finalist, students must be eligible for Pell Grants and anticipated State of Maryland EA Rawlings Grants (https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/grants-scholarships/pell).
- If eligible for the Maryland Guaranteed Access Grant, students must follow all steps to accept the grant. See your counselor for assistance if necessary.
Interested in applying? Fill out an interest form and turn it in to your counselor.
Suggested T4T Timeline for Seniors
Fall of senior year:
- Take SAT or ACT no later than the December test dates. See your counselor for fee waiver information to determine if you are eligible.
- Ask a teacher and your counselor to begin working on your letters of recommendation that accompany your application for admission.
- Finalize your college admission essay.
- Choose either the McDaniel Application or The Common Application. Submit official high school transcripts, ACT or SAT scores, and two academic letters of recommendation. Links to both applications can be found at: http://www.mcdaniel.edu/undergraduate/admissions/apply.
- Make sure your parents/guardians file the FAFSA between October 1, 2016 and January 15, 2017. Don’t forget to include the Title IV code on your FAFSA to make sure McDaniel receives your results: 002109. Learn more about filling out your FAFSA →
- Complete the T4T interest form. Submit the form no later than October 14 if you wish to take advantage of transportation provided by HCPSS to the November Open House program at McDaniel.
- Register online for the McDaniel Fall Open House.
- Attend the McDaniel Fall Open House on Sunday, November 6.
- Decide which McDaniel admission deadline you will choose to submit your application: first admission deadline is November 15.
- Last test dates for SAT or ACT for T4T consideration
- Second admission deadline – December 15
- Final T4T admission deadline – January 15
- Final T4T FAFSA filing deadline – January 15
Don’t forget to include the Title IV code on your FAFSA to make sure McDaniel receives your results: 002109.
- Students selected as T4T Finalists will be notified of selection for interview by February 25.
- Finalists invited to interview must accept the invitation to interview by March 3.
- Interviews will be held the week of March 20.
- Scholarship recipients are notified the week of March 27.
- Attend one of the McDaniel Admitted Student Days – April 2 or April 9.
- Scholarship recipients must sign their contracts by May 1.
- T4T Signing Ceremony is May 10.