Benefits of a Partnership
Partnerships benefit organizations, schools, and the community.
Organizations benefit because they…
- Enhance students’ skills – building a stronger workforce for the future.
- Identify, nurture, and recruit high-quality talent early.
- Acquire a highly motivated, entry-level workforce.
- Enhance the organization’s image and visibility by providing a valued community service.
- Obtain a realistic, current view of public education.
- Tap teachers and students as educational resources.
- Gain opportunities to lead, strengthen, and transform Howard County.
- Obtain personal satisfaction from positive interaction with students and teachers.
- Reach new customers by participating in the Employee Incentive Program.
- Receive tax deductions for equipment and supply donations when applicable.
Schools benefit when partners…
- Tell classes about their business, profession or expertise.
- Mentor high school students.
- Provide internships and job training.
- Conduct workshops for students.
- Volunteer in the classroom.
- Help students learn basic skills.
- Offer worksite tours.
- Serve as judges for school science fairs, history fairs and other activities.
- Assist with clubs and extracurricular activities.
- Expose students and staff to state-of-the-art technology.
- Assist with Career Day and/or conduct practice interviews.
- Provide financial assistance, goods, and/or services to schools.
The excellence of Howard County public schools contributes to the quality of life in Howard County. Partnerships help keep the school system among the best in the nation and ensure that Howard County is an attractive place to live.
Partnerships Office, 410-313-6655 or firstname.lastname@example.org.