Capital Budget Overview
The school system’s capital budget funds the construction of new school facilities and provides for renovations, additions, roofing and barrier-free projects, technology equalization, and the purchase or relocation of portable classrooms for existing facilities. The budget document includes a capital budget for the upcoming fiscal year, a five-year capital improvement program, and a ten-year long-range master plan. Financing for capital projects comes primarily from three sources: local bonds, local transfer tax and state school construction funds.
FY2019 Proposed Capital Budget
- FY2019 Board of Education Requested Capital Budget
- FY2019 Board of Education Proposed Capital Budget
Talbott Springs Elementary School Project Plan
- Letter to HCPSS from Interagency Committee on School Construction (IAC), December 8, 2017
- Testimony of HCPSS Interim Superintendent Michael Martirano, December 7, 2017
- Letter to Fred Mason, February 8, 2018
- Board of Education Memo, March 2, 2018
- Board of Education Memo, April 5, 2018
- Letter from Howard County Executive to IAC, April 9, 2018
- Email from Fred Mason, April 10, 2018
- Interagency Committee on School Construction Contact Information
Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Capital Budget Process
The capital budget process, detailed within the Executive Summary, links capital planning with attendance area planning and addresses long-range planning issues identified in the annual feasibility study. Presented to the Board of Education on June 22, 2017, the Feasibility Study provided new enrollment projections and proposed future redistricting.